• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Former TCU employee alleges racial discrimination leading up to termination in lawsuit

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Former TCU employee alleges racial discrimination leading up to termination in lawsuit​

James Hartley, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

A former TCU employee is accusing the university of "institutional racism" after she was laid off and told it was because of budget cuts, a new lawsuit against the university alleges.

Linda Lopez, a former employee in regional development in the college's university advancement department, is accusing TCU of terminating her employment because she is Hispanic, according to the lawsuit. Her lawyer says in the suit, filed Tuesday in the Northern Texas U.S. District Court in Fort Worth, that TCU is "permeated with an ethic of white elitism that has long discouraged the equal participation of Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and other racial minorities in university life at all levels including academically and in employment."

A spokesperson for TCU said the university was preparing a statement but was not immediately ready to comment.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...ading-up-to-termination-in-lawsuit/ar-AAUOdKw

Eight

for a moment i was certain it was gary after he overheard it is about time we got the white off the sideline and he didn't realize the were talking about his white pants

TCUdirtbag

The Startlegram’s current (and likely final) iteration is to just reprint any ‘ol pleading against high-profile Fort Worth institutions.

Notable line at the end that the plaintiff was not only terminated but made ineligible for rehire. That’s not routine and requires something pretty significant. I suspect this thing gets tossed or settled low.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Startlegram’s current (and likely final) iteration is to just reprint any ‘ol pleading against high-profile Fort Worth institutions.

Notable line at the end that the plaintiff was not only terminated but made ineligible for rehire. That’s not routine and requires something pretty significant. I suspect this thing gets tossed or settled low.
You don't think it's a little strange that on Feb.10th she complained to her HR rep about being discriminated against and then on Feb.11th she was let go?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

It will be settled. She will get a payday.

geefrogs

My favorite kind of threads.

oh my god omg GIF by Hell's Kitchen

FrogBall09

wonder what her argument is going to be when they release the percentage of the University employees that are hispanic and have not been terminated with a no hire clause?

FrogBall09

Your prospects for future employment?
if a company denies employment to a candidate because they filed an HR complaint at a previous employer - they are going to be the next defendant....so it better be a really quiet decision, like committee of one with no track record for any research done

Dogfrog

if a company denies employment to a candidate because they filed an HR complaint at a previous employer - they are going to be the next defendant....so it better be a really quiet decision, like committee of one with no track record for any research done
So you believe that the hiring company is going to say we aren’t hiring you because of your previous HR complaint?