• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Former SMU star Eric Dickerson takes exception to Sonny Dykes leaving for TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Former SMU star Eric Dickerson takes exception to Sonny Dykes leaving for TCU

BY Big Steaming Pile

It took decades but the best football player in SMU’s history is in a good place with his alma mater, as evidenced by Eric Dickerson’s feelings about the Mustangs previous football coach leaving for a rival across town.

“I’ll say this, I don’t know coach [Sonny] Dykes well, but to me that shows a lot about the character of a person,” Dickerson said in a phone interview this week when asked about Dykes’ leaving SMU to accept the TCU head coaching job.

Dickerson, 61, has a new book out, Watch My Smoke, in which he does not hold back on any topic, from his infamous days at SMU to his time with the Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257482714.html#storylink=cpy

4th. down

that would actually be jeff atkins and his team mates

dickerson merely helped put them on probation which smu had already done before under dave smith and others. he also gave us one of the all time great aggie stories so let him rant
My Dad was a big SMU alum and supporter......mucho pay going on and it wasn't only for Dickerson. UT was livid as SMU out bid and out smarted them on the combo pony express signing. Of course everyone is doing it now, so what do we do?

We Pay, just like everyone else but the big $$ go to QB plus offensive and defensive linemen. We cannot realistically believe we will win a Big 12 championship in the coming seasons without those $$ for 4 & 5* athletes. However, the other universities will be paying right along with us but at least we know have a competent CEO to navigate this evolving terrain.

Last edited:

Eight

My Dad was a big SMU alum and supporter......mucho pay going on and it wasn't only for Dickerson. UT was livid as SMU out bid and out smarted them on the combo pony express signing. Of course everyone is doing it now, so what do we do?

let us also not forget the frogs were also cheating at that same time as well, maybe not cheating as well because we surely weren't winning like them

WIN

Remember playing smu and dickerson at amon carter, he got injured and came up the ramp with a trainer, I booed him profusely and would do the same today.

Froggish

Its amazing how big of vagina's SMU folks are.....Dickerson was pretty much the model for kids maximizing their value in the CFB marketplace. For him to be mad at anyone for doing the same thing is hilarious. Hey Eric...You took the money....So did Sonny. What's the difference?...There is none

SMU fans are seemingly obsessed with anything pertaining to TCU. Continually, ridiculing

any endeavor that we may elect to pursue...is simply a ploy to divert attention from the

deplorable plight in which their own inept athletic program is firmly mired. Envy running amok!