• The KillerFrogs

FWST: For the playoff selection committee, TCU’s win against Texas Tech won’t be enough

"Second-half deficit" typically refers to the score at the start of the second half. By your (and Mac's) overbroad definition, if we trail at any point, it's a come-from-behind win. So at least half of our wins are deficit wins. Wow. TCU must be less impressive than we thought.
I completely disagree with you. Down at the half is down at the half. Being down during the second half, at any time, is a second half deficit. And yes, half of our wins are deficit wins. Battling adversity and coming back from a deficit multiple times, especially in the 2nd half, is quite an achievement. Not sure why you'd disagree with this. Particularly when Mac was attempting to make fun of the committee.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
"Second-half deficit" typically refers to the score at the start of the second half. By your (and Mac's) overbroad definition, if we trail at any point, it's a come-from-behind win. So at least half of our wins are deficit wins. Wow. TCU must be less impressive than we thought.
Uh, hate to disagree but I have always heard that used to describe any deficit in the second half. And as evidence I present that the common term that means what you're claiming, is actually "halftime deficit" or more commonly "down" or "trailed" at halftime.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Because with Muck you often need to go a little further to see where he is going with an article.

It was a decent article.
If you mean decent in that the article is well-intentioned vis a vis TCU, I agree. As to quality, Mac could use an editor like so many writers these days. This is kind of a mess.

tjking82

For the playoff selection committee, TCU’s win against Texas Tech won’t be enough

BY Big Steaming Pile

01_MAC_Mac%20TCU01.JPG

There were some empty seats at kickoff.

TCU’s fog machine was almost too good, as it created a haze that took several minutes to dissipate.

The fly-over before TCU’s game against Texas Tech on Saturday was a B-52 from Louisiana. Couldn’t even get the Blue Angels, or Maverick from Top Gun.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article268231127.html#storylink=cpy

Michigan fan here. Great article - I almost laughed out loud at "couldn't even get Maverick from Top Gun." Clearly he is mocking the Committee, who (one assumes) will use any excuse to keep TCU out. However, I think they will have no choice if you guys win out. Cheers.

Virginia Frog

Michigan fan here. Great article - I almost laughed out loud at "couldn't even get Maverick from Top Gun." Clearly he is mocking the Committee, who (one assumes) will use any excuse to keep TCU out. However, I think they will have no choice if you guys win out. Cheers.
Has there ever been an undefeated P5 champion that didn't "get in" the College Football Playoff "Final Four?" No.

(A 13-0 G5 Western Michigan in 2016 was the winningest non-selection.)

All this negative TCU talk is just babel. Win out, that's all.

(I'd HATE to lose to UT or Baylor...that'd make me sick so I'm not thinking about the CFP at this juncture!)

Wexahu

Has there ever been an undefeated P5 champion that didn't "get in" the College Football Playoff "Final Four?" No.

(A 13-0 G5 Western Michigan in 2016 was the winningest non-selection.)

All this negative TCU talk is just babel. Win out, that's all.

(I'd HATE to lose to UT or Baylor...that'd make me sick so I'm not thinking about the CFP at this juncture!)
It's all manufactured BS. But for some reason our fan base seems to want to wallow in it like pigs in [ Finebaum ].

We want the benefit of the doubt and even beyond that in all instances, and if we don't get it, it's just not fair.

BleedNPurple

Here’s another thought - I think TCU would beat BAMA. Yes, we’d be down in the 4th Quarter per our regular course but we’d pull it out and win in the end. Winning is winning - some teams prefer to do it the hard way.

CountryFrog

TCU fan here. scheiss the buckeyes