• The KillerFrogs

FWST: For TCU early, it's all about the power, my dear Watson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
For TCU early, it's all about the power, my dear Watson

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

Updated 7 hours 15 minutes ago

Don't stand too close to Josh Watson right now. The TCU outfielder is liable to give you third-degree burns.

Watson did it again Tuesday night in the Horned Frogs' 7-2 win over the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley at Lupton Stadium.

In fact, he did it twice.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article203585274.html

flyfishingfrog

So amazing what our line up at the plate could be all year with josh, luken, wanny, and landestoy all seeing the ball this well and guys like Oviedo and Humph hitting above their experience level.

Now if we can just reduce the errors on the other side of the ball, it could get really exciting

SnoSki

Josh’s bat has been incredible for the team so far. After what was essentially a season-long power outage last year, it is nice to see.

Paint It Purple

So amazing what our line up at the plate could be all year with josh, luken, wanny, and landestoy all seeing the ball this well and guys like Oviedo and Humph hitting above their experience level.

Now if we can just reduce the errors on the other side of the ball, it could get really exciting
So, how did the hot corner look last night?

flyfishingfrog

So, how did the hot corner look last night?
Well...our infield looked better if your measurement of better is they made all the standard plays they should have without an E's from dropped pop-flies, only 1 mishandled glove to hand exchange and only about 2 throws that hit the dirt 30 feet before 1B.

I can't say anyone in our infield stopped any hard hit grounders that made them look like a Golden Glove candidate either - but it was better than Sunday for sure.

I don't think Shep got an actual hit last night but he did make contact and got a lot of barrel on a couple including one that went to deep left center and was caught near the wall.

So let's take this as a sign things are looking up...