• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ex-TCU QB Trevone Boykin was in the NFL 5 months ago. Now, he’s selling jewelry on Twitter

ShadowFrog

Moderators
look at all these bitter communications majors
2etaaa.jpg
Me so bitter my degree was from School of Fine Arts.
Fine Arts?!

Eight

I assumed he is selling his jewels to make ends meet.

one would think such a basic point would have been made a bit clearer in the article instead of have to guess.

i always thought at the end of an article i should have at least more information about the subject matter than i started and in this case all i know is tre' sold his shoe collection and now selling jewelry on line.

what i don't know is if that is a new job for some on line company, he is buying pieces and reselling them or if he is one step away from being cedric the entertainer's character in the movie larry crowne who is selling all his stuff on his front lawn each day to make ends meet.

902321984.jpg

i don't think expecting to have gained an answer to a very basic question after reading the article is too much to expect and doesn't qualify as bashing the efforts of the author simply because he wrote a piece that wasn't complimentary about boykin

CountryFrog

Anyone who wants to see more football related articles will likely have to wait for football season to start. Until then, writers will continue to put out crap to fill space.

one would think such a basic point would have been made a bit clearer in the article instead of have to guess.

i always thought at the end of an article i should have at least more information about the subject matter than i started and in this case all i know is tre' sold his shoe collection and now selling jewelry on line.

what i don't know is if that is a new job for some on line company, he is buying pieces and reselling them or if he is one step away from being cedric the entertainer's character in the movie larry crowne who is selling all his stuff on his front lawn each day to make ends meet.

902321984.jpg

i don't think expecting to have gained an answer to a very basic question after reading the article is too much to expect and doesn't qualify as bashing the efforts of the author simply because he wrote a piece that wasn't complimentary about boykin

Yeah I mean to me if you want jewels you go to a store like TV Johnny. Not an ex-football player waiting for trial on Insta. Has to be his stuff.

netty2424

Yeah I mean to me if you want jewels you go to a store like TV Johnny. Not an ex-football player waiting for trial on Insta. Has to be his stuff.
Very well could be his, but he has access to athletes. Wouldn't be out of the question for a jeweler, possibly his previous jeweler to use him for access.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I see 15 gazillion people on FB and other social media selling anything from homemade bacon brownies to freaking cars. It's not out of the realm of question that he may be collaborating with an actual distributor

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
You know what I hate about this piece? It has the feel of Nelson Muntz pointing his finger going "ha ha".

But the good news is, this writer and many others who don't understand what makes a compelling story will have plenty of opportunity soon to see how THEY would react to suddenly having to find a new stream of income.

4 Oaks Frog

“Ex Star Telegram reporter smoking crack, and living in an ally way”.......RTF Wes
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

tetonfrog

I don’t like it. It is like the ST just seems to like tweaking Frog fans. If it had been a full-blown feature with an extended interview about his plans or reflection on his mistakes, then it’s good journalism. Instead, it looks lazy.

I miss the glory days of the ST with Gil, Galloway, Reeves, etc. It was one of the best sports sections in the country. There is no way this [ Finebaum ] would have been printed back then. They would not have allowed it or would have given the writer a whole bunch of grief. I am sure muck just laughed at it today.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I don't see the big deal. Seems like some of y'all hate that a domestic violencer is shown in a not-so-positive light.
He's already been painted in a negative light in reports about the abuse, and that's fair based on what happened.

This "story" is kicking someone while they are down, solely due to their connection to a local sports team of interest. Almost none of the other thousands of spousal or family abusers in the metroplex have a story put out like this. He's a dude who scheissed up royally, now trying to make a living. That's not a news story. There are many other [ Arschloch]s who don't proceed in that simple of a manner, but rather go straight from jail to attack the victim for reporting the abuse. Now THAT'S a news story.

I absolutely hate what passes for journalism these days.

tcumaniac

I have no problem with there being an article written about this, but as others have pointed out, this wasn’t a darning article. It was a headline, a few uniformative sentences, and a few copy and pastes from Tre’s twitter.

I learned nothing new from this that I didn’t already know a few months ago by having a twitter account.

The star telegram is pathetic, and the fact they think they deserve to be paid for their product, or lack thereof, is insulting to the money I actually work for.

PO Frog

Are those rolexes that he purchased himself when living the good life? He wasn’t making near enough money to be wasting that much money on excessive jewelry. SMH