• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ESPN’s College GameDay coming to TCU football’s showdown game at Kansas Jayhawks

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN’s College GameDay coming to TCU football’s showdown game at Kansas Jayhawks

BY STEVEN JOHNSON

GameDay%2008.JPG

TCU will be featured on ESPN’s College GameDay next week.

The popular pregame show hosted by Lee Corso, Desmond Howard, Pat McAfee, Chris Fowler and Rece Davis will be in Lawrence for TCU’s matchup at Kansas on Oct. 8. It will be the first time in Lawrence for GameDay.

Both programs enter the showdown undefeated. The Horned Frogs blew out No. 18 Oklahoma 55-24 on Saturday, while Kansas outlasted Iowa State 14-11.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article266688396.html#storylink=cpy

froglash88

GameDay was much better when it was anchored by Chris Fowler. Rece Davis doesn’t come close to Fowler when it comes to likability. I would like to see the numbers that would compare both of them. The viewership has to be down since Davis took over.

Also, Davis said recently that he isn’t sold on the Dykes hire. I hope he eats crow next weekend on the GameDay broadcast.

That said, I’ll enjoy the publicity next weekend. Let the Duggan for Heisman campaign begin.

Go Frogs!!!

JogginFrog

My first-ever TCU game was the Wacker-era opener vs. KU in 1983. Frogs earned a 16-16 tie with a last-second field goal that might still hold the NCAA record for lowest trajectory if such a thing were measured. Ken Ozee, I think, hit a kick that never got more than 15 feet off the ground...but the crossbar is only 10.

Wexahu

GameDay was much better when it was anchored by Chris Fowler. Rece Davis doesn’t come close to Fowler when it comes to likability. I would like to see the numbers that would compare both of them. The viewership has to be down since Davis took over.

Also, Davis said recently that he isn’t sold on the Dykes hire. I hope he eats crow next weekend on the GameDay broadcast.

That said, I’ll enjoy the publicity next weekend. Let the Duggan for Heisman campaign begin.

Go Frogs!!!
There were quite a few TCU fans who thought Dykes was a bad, if not terrible hire. That it was beneath us to hire some guy with an average record at La Tech and Cal and who came from lowly SMU. I remember that vividly back in December. Not sure why you’d single out Davis.

I think the hire is working out ok so far, as I figured it might.

froglash88

There were quite a few TCU fans who thought Dykes was a bad, if not terrible hire. That it was beneath us to hire some guy with an average record at La Tech and Cal and who came from lowly SMU. I remember that vividly back in December. Not sure why you’d single out Davis.

I think the hire is working out ok so far, as I figured it might.
Because Davis is is awful and arrogant.

The difference is he said it after we were 3-0. I don’t care what a bunch of our so called fans didn’t like the hire. Has nothing to do with my post.

Wexahu

Because Davis is is awful and arrogant.

The difference is he said it after we were 3-0. I don’t care what a bunch of our so called fans didn’t like the hire. Has nothing to do with my post.
Oh jeez. I don’t think what he said is that big a deal at all. Everyone has opinions. Over time people are proven either right or wrong. He’s not paid to be a TCU fan or homer. Are all the people on here who thought we would be better than what we have been the last few years clueless idiots or were we just proven wrong?

Don’t watch the show much but whenever I’ve seen Davis do anything, he does ok.

froglash88

My post is just that I prefer Chris Fowler as the host over Davis. I probably should have saved the other comment for a different post.