• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Duggan given fair shot to win TCU starting QB job

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Chances Gary Patterson has his first-ever true freshman start at QB for season opener

By Drew Davison

TCU has never opened a season with a true freshman starting at quarterback in the Gary Patterson era.

Max Duggan could change that.

The freshman out of Council Bluffs, Iowa is being given a fair chance to win the job, although he faces an uphill battle to knock off odds-on favorite Alex Delton. Junior Mike Collins is another strong contender in the QB mix, as well as redshirt freshman Justin Rogers.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article233642227.html#storylink=cpy

SuperBarrFrog

Nice quote from Delton about Max.

Said Delton: “Me and Max have gotten really close, we came in basically the same time. Max is a mature freshman. He’s a great kid, man. I think the world of Max. He’s talented. He’s a Midwestern kid, too, so you see that. I see that in just how he handles himself.

“I think he’ll have a bright future here at TCU. I’m excited for him. He’s one of the guys that I’ll stay in contact with long after I’m done here at TCU.”

Moose Stuff

Nice quote from Delton about Max.

Said Delton: “Me and Max have gotten really close, we came in basically the same time. Max is a mature freshman. He’s a great kid, man. I think the world of Max. He’s talented. He’s a Midwestern kid, too, so you see that. I see that in just how he handles himself.

“I think he’ll have a bright future here at TCU. I’m excited for him. He’s one of the guys that I’ll stay in contact with long after I’m done here at TCU.”

Delton seems like such a great kid.

Froggish

The question is not who starts for PBA, but who is the starter by B12 or at least midseason (not counting injuries). Unless Duggan is unbelievable the next couple of weeks, I can't see him (or any true Freshman) in game one.

Game 4 is a different matter, though.

In my opinion it’s a race to game 5 on the road at ISU..We better have it figured out by then

Putt4Purple

It would be entertaining to see the reactions here and in the press if Rogers is named the starter.

If Rogers beat out all the other QB's in fall camp I'm not sure what reaction you would be seeking to find. I would be good with it as long as he was healthy enough to move in the pocket and be elusive. If he earns it, more power to him. I trust the coaches decision on this.

Froggish

Better have it figured out by game 2.

Would be nice but assuming we are healthy I think we can win the first 4 with a QB competition going on..We will be favorites in every one of those games. That includes Purdue..Maybe I’m over confident but I think we are a much better program then Purdue and if we’re not then I don’t think we even sniff another Big12 title

Limp Lizard

If Rogers beat out all the other QB's in fall camp I'm not sure what reaction you would be seeking to find. I would be good with it as long as he was healthy enough to move in the pocket and be elusive. If he earns it, more power to him. I trust the coaches decision on this.
If he were the starter then he would be in better health than we are led to believe. Actually, if Rogers is the best QB and almost 100%, I can see them holding out for PBA.

But Gary never misleads us as far as injuries are concerned, right?:rolleyes: