• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Did TCU basketball improve its roster? ‘You always believe that,’ Jamie Dixon says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Did TCU basketball improve its roster? ‘You always believe that,’ Jamie Dixon says

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU men’s basketball coach Jamie Dixon described it as a different world in college basketball. The days of student-athletes staying four years and developing within a program appear to be a thing of the past.

Instead, it’s all about landing transfers and bringing in players who may have been developed elsewhere. Dixon feels his staff has done a good job of playing the new “game” of building rosters on an annual basis this offseason.

TCU has seen eight players (including two walk-ons) from last season’s team enter the NCAA transfer portal. However, that turnover has allowed the Frogs to rebuild the roster by adding more experienced players.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article250864269.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
“There’s different situations, things we can’t speak on, but you’re seeing it everywhere,” Dixon said. “If everyone is dealing with it, why would I be concerned? It’s just the way it is."

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
With what amounts to a line change every season, how can a coach plan or strategize? Recruit this player or that to go with a scheme that might not even be possible a year later?

I kind of agree with Reed. It is really good to watch someone develop through the years like Desmon Bane. As a fan, you feel more of a connection with someone like that. Bane will also have some loyalty to TCU since he was here for four years. The one and move on players will have no loyalty to TCU, and we will probably not have much loyalty toward them. A kid who has been through 3 or 4 schools to use their eligibility will probably not have much of an education, either.

Francis Xavier

I hate transfers as well. But I hope for a change we are the benefactor here. It seems we have upgraded the roster(minus Samuel and RJ).

Samuel is probably 50/50 coming back or not.

I think RJ is gone either way.

anyone hearing any names to replace the potential two of them?

Farmfrog

If Farabello starts we’re in trouble. I believe it will be Baugh or Wells starting.

Rumor is that Disu is listening strongly but I can’t believe we’ll sign him. Ideally we get Disu and Ricks with our final two ships. Ricks is a 6’7” kid out of Oak Hill Academy. He’s a very good two way player. Not going to get my hopes up for getting either guy but I can hope.

Eight

If Farabello starts we’re in trouble. I believe it will be Baugh or Wells starting.

Rumor is that Disu is listening strongly but I can’t believe we’ll sign him. Ideally we get Disu and Ricks with our final two ships. Ricks is a 6’7” kid out of Oak Hill Academy. He’s a very good two way player. Not going to get my hopes up for getting either guy but I can hope.

points have to come from somewhere which is why i think we see wells start along side miles, peavy is a high ceiling guy but he also right now has a fairly low floor, and i am not sure if the frogs will focus their offense to a big other than the occasional catch on the pick and roll and offensive rebounds