• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Del Conte changing Texas, and not coming after TCU ... yet

H0RNEDFR0G

Of course UT thinks hiring Del Conte is a great move; but it shows that they don't even know what they need. What Del Conte was able to do at TCU has absolutely nothing to do with what needs to be done at UT it's a complete different set of issues. I think CDC had a perfect skill set for what TCU 2009-17, I don't think those skills will serve him as well at UT.

UT needs an AD that will help keep the cooks out of the kitchen. But paradoxically UT will never hire someone who keeps the cooks out of the kitchen.

netty2424

Of course UT thinks hiring Del Conte is a great move; but it shows that they don't even know what they need. What Del Conte was able to do at TCU has absolutely nothing to do with what needs to be done at UT it's a complete different set of issues. I think CDC had a perfect skill set for what TCU 2009-17, I don't think those skills will serve him as well at UT.

UT needs an AD that will help keep the cooks out of the kitchen. But paradoxically UT will never hire someone who keeps the cooks out of the kitchen.
I don't know CDC, never worked with him, never will. But this article seems to state the contrary in a sense.

He used the term 'rip off and duplicate.' Yes he specifically named Disney, but what he's really saying is TCU. We hired Disney to shape the atmosphere here, and he can't exactly name TCU. That wouldn't look good on paper for him so he credits Disney.

It's proven itself to be a winning blueprint. UT isn't exactly winning anymore and shiny new things like cool building/facility upgrades and creating a party atmosphere close to the stadium can help any program, UT included.

And who knows, maybe he will be very good at cleaning the athletic office of boosters without pissing them off.

All that said, you may be right, maybe he can't duplicate there what he's done here. Time will tell.

Dogfrog

If money, TV ratings, and subscriptions weren’t at stake, TCU would be the greatest story in college sports and UT would be mostly ignored. But alas the lowly Mucks of the world will forever use airtime and ink to prime the pump.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Kind of like hiring the owner of a very successful string of electronic stores to be CEO of Sony International. Might work, but not the same things.

TCUdirtbag

When are the big 12 spring meetings?

I think the coaches and ADs already met but not the presidents/chancellors? Maybe after all 10 commencements?

Should get $ distribution announcement, and maybe a few other things like future championship locations, maybe some football kickoff times or special day/tv designations, and always a possible surprise on the future of the league.

Virginia Frog

I recommend we be thankful for what CDC did for us, which included getting us into the B12, keeping our great coaches, bringing in CJD, and funding a lot of our great projects. No need to talk down on him. If I was him and reading this message board, some of the comments could make me want to prove you wrong and grab some coaches... no need for that. I think we keep them but not because CDC isn't good enough to get them. We keep them because we are a great destination with great benefits
If CDC reads this board (since he left FW), I'd really be surprised - unless maybe some night he has insomnia and just wants to kick it with us a bit. I see him as a kind of dude who has a one-track focus and ALL his thinkin' is Longhorn, UT, B12, and Austin. I suspect his only TCU thoughts today are related to how we figure in to UT's interests in respect to the B12.

For me, if he just once "raids" the TCU coaching bench for UT, he's dead to me! And I believe many K-fc-ers would concur.

You're right with your positive view of why our coaches want to stay in the Fort. The only thing that troubles me and could be a vulnerability in defense of a CDC-UT "raid" is that it's human nature of "bigger is better" and 10K TCU can't defend 'gainst the gargantuan 50K Texas.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
If CDC reads this board (since he left FW), I'd really be surprised - unless maybe some night he has insomnia and just wants to kick it with us a bit. I see him as a kind of dude who has a one-track focus and ALL his thinkin' is Longhorn, UT, B12, and Austin. I suspect his only TCU thoughts today are related to how we figure in to UT's interests in respect to the B12.

For me, if he just once "raids" the TCU coaching bench for UT, he's dead to me! And I believe many K-fc-ers would concur.

You're right with your positive view of why our coaches want to stay in the Fort. The only thing that troubles me and could be a vulnerability in defense of a CDC-UT "raid" is that it's human nature of "bigger is better" and 10K TCU can't defend 'gainst the gargantuan 50K Texas.
There are 153-33 reasons why your last sentence isn’t true.

berryfrog95

I unfollowed the dude the moment he left.....and I live in Austin.

Did hear he’s doing the Texas tour and fundraising like a ....and has his staff aggressively poking the alums.

Used car salesman to me, always felt that way.

Ron Swanson

I unfollowed the dude the moment he left.....and I live in Austin.

Did hear he’s doing the Texas tour and fundraising like a....and has his staff aggressively poking the alums.

Used car salesman to me, always felt that way.
That’s what I was expecting from him before I met him, but I got to hang out with him maybe five or six different times in social alumni and tailgating type of events, and I didn’t get that vibe from him at all.

He seems like a really cool genuine dude. I like the hell out of him

Last edited:

berryfrog95

That’s what I was expecting from him before I met him, but I got to hang out with him maybe five or six different times in social alumni and tailgating type of events, and I didn’t get that vibe from him at all in real life.

He seem like a really cool genuine dude. I like the hell out of him
I’ll meet up halfway, the two times I hung out with him he’s was pretty cool. Doesn’t mean he’s not still a used car salesman:)

Big Frog II

I like CDC, and he did he great job here. It will be interesting to see if he can have as much success at Texas as he did here. They have way too many rich alums who want to call the shots. Oh well, that's his problem now. I do believe he sees value in being a member of the Big 12, and that will benefit us in the long run.

If Muck wrote a children's book, what would be the title:
Muck would have to elevate
If Muck wrote a children's book, what would be the title:

Mama Duck - Baby Duck - Hit by a Truck!

The Day They Robbed Grandma Outside the Store!

The Cat In The Dryer!!!

The Day Daddy Gambled Away The Mortgage Money!!!

The Three Bears And The Coeds!

Willie Wonka And The Heroine Lazed Chocolate!!!
Muck would have to elevate his game to get it up to children’s book reading level.

Hearing CDC about to fire a bunch of people . Muck part of this DFW media stuck in the early 90s glory, with a pre-strike article...He would like nothing more than CDC to try to take the best from TCU.