• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Dalton works on little things, but not his DVR skills

Frog DJ

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Apr 14 2010, 05:22 AM) [snapback]544536[/snapback]
"Over Easter break, one of my uncles wanted to watch the game, but luckily that was the only thing we didn't have on the DVR. I don't know how it got deleted," Dalton said slyly. "I was pretty happy it wasn't on there."

Ecto and I just forced ourselves to watch the replay of the Fiesta Bowl over this past weekend. It was painful, but I feel we are better Frogs for having done so. Call it a "purging," if you will. Afterward, ecto immediately deleted it.

It was clear to us TCU was 1 or 2 plays away from sending that game into OT, at which time anything could have happened. Obviously, the fake punt and Hicks' dropping the sure TD pass at the goal line were instrumental in the outcome.

At any rate, it's ancient history now, but TCU's appearance in a BCS Bowl should provide the platform from which to launch more highly successful recruiting efforts by CGP and staff.

Go Frogs!

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Apr 14 2010, 12:51 PM) [snapback]544749[/snapback]
Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...

That's good news on Ryan Christian. He's been a favorite of ours because of his attitude. :biggrin:

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Apr 14 2010, 09:32 AM) [snapback]544697[/snapback]
Ecto and I just forced ourselves to watch the replay of the Fiesta Bowl over this past weekend. It was painful, but I feel we are better Frogs for having done so. Call it a "purging," if you will. Afterward, ecto immediately deleted it.

It was clear to us TCU was 1 or 2 plays away from sending that game into OT, at which time anything could have happened. Obviously, the fake punt and Hicks' dropping the sure TD pass at the goal line were instrumental in the outcome.

At any rate, it's ancient history now, but TCU's appearance in a BCS Bowl should provide the platform from which to launch more highly successful recruiting efforts by CGP and staff.

Go Frogs!

Just did the same a few days ago... Watched the pre-game, and the first half. Wifey walked in during the second quarter and said, "oh tonight should be enjoyable, imagine you will be in a fantastic mood tonight."

After the game, which we attended, my buddy was preaching how we couldn't run the ball. We most definitely could run the ball, just got scared into not running the ball. Boise had a solid team, and brass balls for sure, but we should have played Horned Frog Football and won that game.

Was it Kerley on the first play of the game that ran the garbage route? Whomever it was was gone had he run the right route. Another play, I think it was Clay, in the first half had Kyle Wilson beat and Dalton underthrew him, had he hit him he was gone.

Why did we play our worst game during the biggest game of the season. Still can't let it go.

bullfrog69

QUOTE(South of the Border Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 06:55 PM) [snapback]544856[/snapback]
Just did the same a few days ago... Watched the pre-game, and the first half. Wifey walked in during the second quarter and said, "oh tonight should be enjoyable, imagine you will be in a fantastic mood tonight."

After the game, which we attended, my buddy was preaching how we couldn't run the ball. We most definitely could run the ball, just got scared into not running the ball. Boise had a solid team, and brass balls for sure, but we should have played Horned Frog Football and won that game.

Was it Kerley on the first play of the game that ran the garbage route? Whomever it was was gone had he run the right route. Another play, I think it was Clay, in the first half had Kyle Wilson beat and Dalton underthrew him, had he hit him he was gone.

Why did we play our worst game during the biggest game of the season. Still can't let it go.

i can tell you why. the season was practically over for everyone the night the BCS selections were made. remember how devastated the fans were? imagine how the players felt. we were playing "lowly" boise state again. the team wasn't motivated, the practices were bad, and the festivities by some of the players the night before the game probably didn't help. the team and the fans thought that Boise was no match for TCU, and that the frogs would continue their rampage. putting the cart before the horse... I think the coaches will spend more time on the psychological part next time.

TEUFELI

QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:04 PM) [snapback]544865[/snapback]
i can tell you why. the season was practically over for everyone the night the BCS selections were made. remember how devastated the fans were? imagine how the players felt. we were playing "lowly" boise state again. the team wasn't motivated, the practices were bad, and the festivities by some of the players the night before the game probably didn't help. the team and the fans thought that Boise was no match for TCU, and that the frogs would continue their rampage. putting the cart before the horse... I think the coaches will spend more time on the psychological part next time.

I agree with everything you said, except for the last sentence.

I DO think (from the outside looking in...based purely on the results) that the coaches spent time on making sure the team was psychologically ready, and I kinda feel like a lot if the effort was on fine tuning and keeping their "heads right" and "spirits up."

You know what the Boise Coaches were doing though...they were developing a scheme and game plan to whip us and catch us with our pants down, and they did. (Yes...a 7 pt loss IS catching us with our pants down...cause we were 14 pts better than them in 2009).

I think even GP would tell ya he/we got outcoached, as well as outplayed. And I think concentrating too much on getting our guys right and "up" and focused may have taken away from their coming up with a plan to deal with a big time BCS bowl a month and a half after the last game was played.

I realize you dont wanna change up a gameplan too much when things are going well, I more mean that we were ill prepared for what crazy arse Boise might do, their crowd noise, etc...and we shouldn't have been. I know I cant do any better than Coach P, but he'll tell you...there are lessons to be learned from that loss. I am 100% sure he and our staff will learn them.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU ran a screen play?!?!........... BS!!

TCU hasn't, will not and (unfortunately) does not have traditional screen plays in its arsenal.

:wacko: :blink: :ph34r: :angry: :unsure: :happy: :ph34r:

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(bullfrog69 @ Apr 15 2010, 01:04 AM) [snapback]544865[/snapback]

Oh, I think this is spot on.

One - all the fans, all of the media, all the players and maybe even the coaches thought we would just roll right over B St. We just thought we could show up and win.
Two - We definitely got out played.
Three - We definitely got out coached
Four - Our QB was trying to win the game all by himself and grab another Bowl MVP.....
and we just never got in sync against a team that was more determined than we were, or more talented than we thought they were.

GP - RUN the BALL!!!