• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big Apple return: TCU punches ticket to NIT semis with rout of Creighton

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big Apple return: TCU punches ticket to NIT semis with rout of Creighton

By Drew Davison

Hello, New York City. Again.

TCU is returning to famed Madison Square Garden next week for the NIT semifinals, thanks in large part to sophomore forward Kouat Noi breaking out of a mini-slump Tuesday night.

Noi knocked down shot after shot in his best game of the postseason, carrying the Frogs to a 71-58 victory over Creighton at Schollmaier Arena.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article228389449.html#storylink=cpy

froginaustin

Yes, don't want to try to beat a team three times in a season

Mixed feelings, I have.

I would like to see Shaka stick around Austin a while longer-- and Coach Beard stay in Lubbock rather than move to Austin-- but I doubt it matters whether or not Shaka wins another or a few more this season.

I suspect that Shaka will have to have a deadly good season next year to keep his job. Without a deep run in the NCAA tournament, UTx will likely buy him out.

Whether UTx can catch lightning in a bottle with a coaching hire remains to be seen. They thought they would do that with Shaka, hence his long, rich contract. But if they cut him loose after next year for mediocrity, they will be prepared to dump money into their program including at least drawings and promises of a shiny new basketball facility. They may get Beard or someone else that is really promising.

WhatTheFrog

Personally, I'd like to play UT and then Lipscomb for the championship. Redemption and confirmation.

My dad always told me that the hardest road is the best. Why else would I take Latin, of all foreign languages? Or, enlist in the Marine Corps, when I could've easily gone Air Force? Yeah, that last piece was a bit of a jab.

Froginbedford

Then Shaka Con probably gets fired. Do we want that? I kinda like him there at the moment. Of course we beat them a third time and he likely gets fired anyway.

That was the sentiment over keeping Mac Brown and Charlie Strong as UT football coach....We knew we could beat them....

Dogfrog

Lipscomb’s Garrison Matthews was the best player I saw in our arena this season. He has 41 points so far in this game.