• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big 12 has looming decision on when to allow football players back on campus

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big 12 has looming decision on when to allow football players back on campus

By Drew Davison

The Big 12’s presidents and chancellors met on Monday to discuss pressing matters, including when to reopen campuses for football players and other fall sports athletes in order to prepare for fall seasons.

The general belief is that football players will require at least six weeks to properly train and prepare for a season, which is being threatened amid the coronavirus pandemic. That means players must be on campus in mid-July for the season to start on time.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article242827211.html#storylink=cpy

HFrog1999

June 8 is when my sons high school workouts will start.

Colleges should do the same

Get started

tenor.gif

BABYFACE

Youth sports can start full practices on May 31 and resume games on June 15. Softball and baseball have been doing isolated workouts limited to groups of four participants per state guidelines since we cane out of the shelter in place. ( Basically split a team of twelve into these groups of 4 spread out and do separated drills).

BABYFACE

I do think for FB, they should be able to return to campus and begin conditioning. No contact until you test everyone first.

BABYFACE

TCU will have them back on campus in June as long as Big 12 gives the OK.

VB knows he needs them there so students can be back on campus to pay those fees for dorms, meal plans, books, ect. Those buildings sitting empty is enormous amount of money not coming in. Plus, who is going to continue to pay high tuition for online classes. Chancellors and Presidents of universities realize this despite some moronic professors living in alternate universe.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

So one test and good to go until the CFP?
Wait now, don’t put words in mouth. I do not make rules on this. But, if I give an opinion, you test every Friday before a game. If someone tests positive, then 14 day quarantine them and test again afterwards.

We did not live in perfect before this chit happened, and will not live in a perfect one afterwards.