• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark wants to ‘nationalize’ conference

Eight

Currently talking to YouTube and Amazon most, Apple a tad but they have less interest than I thought they would.

They can't get past their anger with FOX, which makes a deal with the traditional powers really tough. This could change with the Big 12 threatening to pit them out, who knows. ESPN as it stands today does not want all of the PAC content bundle.

Most people I talk to think they are going to get $300mm or so from Amazon or something like that, which they MIGHT but you have to factor in the lost value of exposure. People already don't watch much PAC content, now nobody but their core fans will. Is that a good idea long-term? Look at the Big 12 and Big Ten, what are they focused on? National exposure, reach, more eyeballs, broader appeal, etc. etc... I think the PAC might have made a mistake.

question on amazon and the exposure question

there is no question about their money, but has there been any indication about the eyeballs on the nfl amazon games so far this year or how the mlb games on apple worked out?

question on amazon and the exposure question

there is no question about their money, but has there been any indication about the eyeballs on the nfl amazon games so far this year or how the mlb games on apple worked out?
MLB on Apple... they've been very tight-lipped. 3rd party data (dubious at best) said it was a dud.

NFL on Amazon... numbers have been strong relative to expectations. 8-11mm people per game, with the weaker games seeing smaller audiences. This is the NFL though, very broad appeal including internationally and people love watching it even if their team isn't on. And, on Thursdays, there's no competition, just one NFL game, like Monday or Sunday night.

Amazon wanted to do a "Friday night" Big Ten game and make it a big deal next to Thursday night NFL... PAC has asked about getting that package, Amazon I think is hesitant.

Eight

MLB on Apple... they've been very tight-lipped. 3rd party data (dubious at best) said it was a dud.

NFL on Amazon... numbers have been strong relative to expectations. 8-11mm people per game, with the weaker games seeing smaller audiences. This is the NFL though, very broad appeal including internationally and people love watching it even if their team isn't on. And, on Thursdays, there's no competition, just one NFL game, like Monday or Sunday night.

Amazon wanted to do a "Friday night" Big Ten game and make it a big deal next to Thursday night NFL... PAC has asked about getting that package, Amazon I think is hesitant.

interesting, thanks, nfl got a boatload for those games and not as if they are hurting for exposure

now an entire conference who is suffering from a lack of national exposure and at risk of become a regional conference with limited access......

An-Cap Frog

Can you imagine that Mike Miles dunk against ASU in Rucker Park...
Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU