• The KillerFrogs

FWST Big 12’s Bowlsby is ‘very bullish’ on the league’s value even after Texas, OU depart

Brog

They’ll still think of themselves as first among conference members, unless they completely change their stripes.

BYU wasn’t nearly the force they Thought they were when they tried and failed to bust the MWC. And raped the WAC in the process. Maybe they learned perspective and humility. I hope so for their business partners’ sake. But that doesn’t seem to be their nature.

I wonder if BYU still has the same old hi-def TV truck?

well, you're absolutely right about BYU. But....check out how many times we've departed one conference in order to go to another. Especially how quickly we said YES!!! to the Big 12 invitation. So we left others behind? That's part of the game nowadays.

82 Frog Fever

The new B12 looks like it will be very competitive both inside & outside the conference.
Still don’t believe realignment is done and a few B12 teams will be targets within the next 4 years.
I hope Bowlsby is keeping up & thinking ahead on this 5 sided chess board.

LisaLT

I will bet anyone on here anything they want that if Cincy goes undefeated they will be in the playoffs. That's for those that said G5 teams have no chance under the current system because it's an Invitational and no way that the committee would ever pick a G5 team over the usual suspects.

Sorry, had to throw that out there. ;)

Anyone want to bet me? :)
I agree. It would be a travesty if they are undefeated and don't get in.

I agree. It would be a travesty if they are undefeated and don't get in.

Florida State was undefeated in 2014 and I don’t think they should have been in the playoff. The committee’s purpose/mission is to pick the four best teams. In 2014, most on the committee believed TCU was better and that is why they were ranked #3, ahead of undefeated Florida State in the penultimate ranking. Florida State was pummeled in the semifinal by Oregon 59-20—no longer undefeated and exposed as what most thought they were—not top four. Does anybody believe TCU would have been whooped by Oregon. The committee did not do its assigned mission—they copped out—they were chicken.

May the best team win—that is what we want. The committee needs to do their job. This time, if Cincinnati is undefeated but not one of the best teams in the committee’s mind, they should not bow to pressure to be “just” to the “little guy”—don't be chicken. But if the Bearcats are deemed one of the four best, then let’s roll.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Cincy sitting at No. 3 or No. 4 in the last week and Alabama, Ohio State and Penn State sitting at 5-7. Cincy wins big in their last game.

Let's see what happens.

Wexahu

May the best team win—that is what we want.
I'm sorry, but that really isn't what everyone wants. They want their own team to get every benefit of the doubt when it comes to their inclusion, at the expense of whatever precedent or rules that are in place. That's what everyone wants.

Not including FSU in the 2014 playoff would have made a mockery of the entire system. Imagine if TCU was the only undefeated team that year (like FSU was), had played the most P5 teams of any team in the country (like FSU did), and we were left out just because we "didn't look good enough" while being the only undefeated team in the country. I'm sure that would have gone over well. LOL!!!

Frozen Frog

I think TCU and UH are heading eventually to the Pac-12 purely because the Pac-12 wants two central time zone games and access to more recruits in talent rich DFW and Houston. After TCU and UH bolts look for the Big XII to add Boise State and Memphis if Memphis' new president commits to a new on campus stadium.

Could you imagine USC and Oregon coming to the Carter? I can and I think it happens once all the smoke clears around UT and OU's exit to the SEC. If the Horns and Sooners exit early, look for TCU to use their part of those two teams' Big XII exit fees to be applied to TCU's Pac-12 entrance fee.

Coach P's contract is good for a couple more years too. I see TCU staying with Gary through this whole process then Gary retiring when we start in the Pac-12. My vote currently would be to money whip Luke Fickle when the time comes and keep Coach Meacham.

I am thinking the AAC might have just telegraphed this move. I think the AAC is readying itself to lose more teams. Their additions seem desperate.

Fiscuits

I don't think BYU swings the big stick like they did in the WAC or MWC. If they tried something the pushback would be way different than it was in the old leagues.

NF
They have more eyes for advertisers than Texas or OU. Their brand is truly global on every corner of the earth. They are very, very appealing. I am glad we have them

NORMLFROG

They have more eyes for advertisers than Texas or OU. Their brand is truly global on every corner of the earth. They are very, very appealing. I am glad we have them
Don’t disagree. I just think the situation is a little different and they wouldn’t be able to throw their weight around like in the old days. Who knows? Maybe they’ll actually play nice in the sandbox.

NF

Fiscuits

Don’t disagree. I just think the situation is a little different and they wouldn’t be able to throw their weight around like in the old days. Who knows? Maybe they’ll actually play nice in the sandbox.

NF
I hope so but they’ll be ripe for the picking when conferences look for more members.

Eight

Florida State was undefeated in 2014 and I don’t think they should have been in the playoff. The committee’s purpose/mission is to pick the four best teams. In 2014, most on the committee believed TCU was better and that is why they were ranked #3, ahead of undefeated Florida State in the penultimate ranking. Florida State was pummeled in the semifinal by Oregon 59-20—no longer undefeated and exposed as what most thought they were—not top four. Does anybody believe TCU would have been whooped by Oregon. The committee did not do its assigned mission—they copped out—they were chicken.

May the best team win—that is what we want. The committee needs to do their job. This time, if Cincinnati is undefeated but not one of the best teams in the committee’s mind, they should not bow to pressure to be “just” to the “little guy”—don't be chicken. But if the Bearcats are deemed one of the four best, then let’s roll.

please, please, please don't start this debate again,

you can write and post all the barry lewis letters you want but please don't start the 2014 debate up again. we would rather read about steel's history of his bowel movements