• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Automatic BCS bid could come in 2012 for TCU's conference

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Apr 22 2010, 12:52 PM) [snapback]548690[/snapback]
An automatic BCS bid for the MWC? If that happens, do we become BCS lovers? And if that indeed does happen, what in the world would we have to [Deleted] about on this board?

I still would not love the BCS. However, I would not be so smug as to say that non-BCS teams are lowly like the current 6 leagues do. Showing respect for your opponent, regardless of conference affiliation, is the right thing to do.

Example:

Michigan vs Appalachian State

gdu

QUOTE(South Texas Frog @ Apr 22 2010, 04:20 PM) [snapback]548630[/snapback]
9-3 would be a down year IMO. Heck, any year we don't win the MWC and play in a BCS game would be a down year considering the recruiting and success we've had in the past. I think (and hope) we've moved past the "2 good seasons and 1 mediocre one" cycle we seemed to be in up until 2007.

Well considering no team has won their confernce every year and played in a BCS game it sure makes your earlier statement seem incorrect.

"I think TCU has reached a point in recruiting / consistent success over the past decade that we no longer have to worry about "down years". "

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Apr 22 2010, 11:52 AM) [snapback]548690[/snapback]
An automatic BCS bid for the MWC? If that happens, do we become BCS lovers? And if that indeed does happen, what in the world would we have to [Deleted] about on this board?

HOW ABOUT...Our uniforms not matching our school colors, the Frog Band music selections, operation of the ACS sound system, the size of the advertising budget,... fans that stand up, fans that holler "Sit down", fans that stay in the parking lot, the slowness of the stadium redesign,...untimely injuries, unexplainable officiating, new rules changes, verbal commitments that aren't worth the paper they're written on,... the bias of Eastern media, ESPN, the arrogance of the SEC, the arrogance of the Big 10, Jim Delany as arrogance personified, T-shirt fans of other schools, the typical Baylor fan and his delusion of adequacy, the typical Aggie -- as a status crime, the typical UT fan and his sense of entitlement, Gunner and his sense of direction, .... teams that refuse to play us home-and-home, ... thread hijacking, the grammar police, the spelling police, the Ft Worth Police crossing guards, certain posters and the elusive "Search" function,... Jerry World ticket prices, Jerry (in general), sunspots, liver spots, comb-overs, mullets, ...... how much time do we have, here?