• The KillerFrogs

FWST: As Tony Romo creates buzz, former TCU golfer is one to watch at tournament in Arlington

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
As Tony Romo creates buzz, former TCU golfer is one to watch at tournament in Arlington

BY DREW DAVISON

Tony Romo is the most notable name competing in the Veritex Bank Championship this week at Texas Rangers Golf Club.

The former Dallas Cowboys quarterback and CBS Sports analyst will be making his second Korn Ferry Tour start and looking to fare better than in his previous PGA Tour-sanctioned starts. Romo has missed the cut in all four of the PGA Tour events he’s played, and withdrew from his KFT debut at the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper last summer with a wrist injury.

While Romo generates buzz for the event, he’s a long shot to contend. Who isn’t? TCU product Paul Barjon.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article250815639.html

JogginFrog

Has anyone has played Texas Rangers Golf Club? Would love to hear your take on it. I have fond memories of the old Ditto course in the mid-90s. Course was quirky but fun and well maintained. Bonus was getting to see the roadrunner that lived in the brush along #11.

Has anyone has played Texas Rangers Golf Club? Would love to hear your take on it. I have fond memories of the old Ditto course in the mid-90s. Course was quirky but fun and well maintained. Bonus was getting to see the roadrunner that lived in the brush along #11.
It is a fun course. I do not know how people gauge what is challenging or not given the variance in skill and opinions, but for me it was challenging albeit there are not a lot of areas to get in trouble.