• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Another longtime TCU head coach is out. Darryl Anderson is fired after 18 seasons.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Another longtime TCU head coach is out. Darryl Anderson is fired after 18 seasons.

BY STEFAN STEVENSON

0623%20Ronnie%20Baker%2005

Another longtime coaching fixture on the TCU campus is leaving.

Beloved track and field head coach Darryl Anderson, who was hired in November 2004, has been fired.

No official reason has been provided by TCU, but athletic director Jeremiah Donati expressed gratitude for Anderson’s 18 seasons.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article263084338.html#storylink=cpy

Brog

FWST headlines are so poorly written
Can't help but wonder what headline you would give to this story. The guy's 60 years old. He's been with us 17 years. Had lots of success. Walked into his office not knowing it was his last day. Please summarize this in a proper headline.

Froginbedford

Can't help but wonder what headline you would give to this story. The guy's 60 years old. He's been with us 17 years. Had lots of success. Walked into his office not knowing it was his last day. Please summarize this in a proper headline.
TCU fires track coach of 17 years.....Old style headline with a bit of punch....

CowtownPV

Was threaten to be fired by old AD for team being at bottom of Big 12. Hope they will help new coach be more successful by giving them a dressing room, training room etc out at track. Something to show recruits.

grt

He was solid but I never thought he could take us to the next level as a whole. We used to be known to have some of the fastest sprinters consistantly year in and year out but that hasn't been for a while. We used to dominate the sprints consistantly. I know just dominating the sprint's won't win championships but the notoriety was priceless.

CowtownPV

Bubba Thorton always believed with NCAA limit of 12 scholarships you couldn’t win conference team title because it was difficult to get good kids on partial scholarship at TCU so he loaded the team with sprinters and tried to score high at Nationals with them. Guess it’s like having a baseball team with only 12 scholarships.

Eight

agree endless on conference titles. very similar to winning a district track title simply because you are putting three kids in every individual event

florida swept the men's and women's outdoors this year with 9 participants on each squad with 9 women scoring points and 7 men.

the men's points came on individual sprints and relays. the women's point were more spread out among jumps, heptathlon, a few sprinters, middle distance, and 1 long distance

think where the scholarship issue really comes to a head is that cross country scholarships count towards the indoor/outdoor track total so unless you are recruiting an elite runner at cross country who may score in your distance events you are taking away from your track program

guess you can always do what nau does which is 180 from bubba and go all in on distance kids

JogginFrog

guess you can always do what nau does which is 180 from bubba and go all in on distance kids
If TCU was at 6,900 feet like Flagstaff, I'd vote for that strategy, too. I remember UTEP (altitude 3,740) using distance runners to win national titles back in my youth (7 CC, 7 indoor & 8 outdoor from '69 to '82).