• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Amid UCLA speculation, TCU’s Jamie Dixon officially hires new assistant

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Amid UCLA speculation, TCU’s Jamie Dixon officially hires new assistant

By Drew Davison

NEW YORK – TCU coach Jamie Dixon is a leading candidate to become UCLA’s next basketball coach.

But Dixon didn’t say much about the speculation on Monday, simply stating he’s thankful to be coaching the sport he loves. Whether Dixon departs for Westwood will be known in the coming days.

In a bit of irony, though, Dixon formally announced the hiring of Duane Broussard as an assistant coach on Tuesday. Broussard spent the last six seasons as an assistant at -- where else? -- UCLA.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article228735054.html#storylink=cpy

Putt4Purple

Why would he hire an assistant coach from UCLA then leave to UCLA? Something strange about that to me. Is JD leaving TCU a foregone conclusion? We shall see.

TooColdU

Why would he hire an assistant coach from UCLA then leave to UCLA? Something strange about that to me. Is JD leaving TCU a foregone conclusion? We shall see.

Think the hire was more about Broussard than Dixon.
Broussard followed Alford from New Mexico to UCLA. When Alford was fired in December, it was pretty self-evident that Broussard was going to have to find a new job after the season.

He’s from Texas, so maybe the open position at TCU position made the most sense.

Plus there’s still the possibility of Broussard just staying at UCLA if Dixon is hired there.

Paint It Purple

Think the hire was more about Broussard than Dixon.
Broussard followed Alford from New Mexico to UCLA. When Alford was fired in December, it was pretty self-evident that Broussard was going to have to find a new job after the season.

He’s from Texas, so maybe the open position at TCU position made the most sense.

Plus there’s still the possibility of Broussard just staying at UCLA if Dixon is hired there.
If your last theory is correct (I bet it is), then why would ADJD and the Chancellor agree to this? Dixon puts Broussard on the TCU payroll and bides time until the moving van arrives. Seems underhanded by Dixon and chumpish by the TCU administration.