• The KillerFrogs

FWST: AGCS Renovation Near Reality

Genbukan

Superb timing on this article.

While realignment talk centers around the big xii breaking up, ut chasing $$$$ to the exclusion of everything else, baylor bending over backwards begging and pleading to be included, tech being battered with it's "academic reputation" -- the MWC is suddenly looking a lot stronger and now - TCU talks about raising enough private money in a terrible economy to expand it's stadium!

Even the year with limited seating might actually help build TCU's brand in the long run. Nothing brings demand and attention like limited availability.

R

RJ Fletcher

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 8 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]571257[/snapback]
A Lupton expansion should be on the list. At first with expanding the upper deck to match the length of the lower, but then maybe to add seats further down the lines or even in left or right field?

Yep. I'd go with a big student section out in left field, and more party patio things in right field.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 09:55 AM) [snapback]571295[/snapback]
It will be a sad day in this Horned Frog's heart when the Upper Deck comes down :sad:

As long as you're not underneath it when it does........

talor

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 09:55 AM) [snapback]571295[/snapback]
It will be a sad day in this Horned Frog's heart when the Upper Deck comes down :sad:

It is going back up; fear not.

So we have $84MM dollars pledged of the $105MM needed by June 30th. So we need to average just under a million dollars a day by month end to get this thing locked up... Come on Del Conte make it happen!

HFrog1999

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 09:57 AM) [snapback]571298[/snapback]
As long as you're not underneath it when it does........

Those are the only football seats my sons have ever known.

I just hope I can afford the seats when it's rebuilt.

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 8 2010, 08:45 AM) [snapback]571221[/snapback]
We didn't rebuild the football stadium to jump start a football resurgence. We waited for ten years of football resurgence before addressing the infrastructure.

Maybe not the stadium, but we started an aggressive infrastructure campaign and budget increases in the mid-90's that jump started our resurgence. Our success wasn't based on a lucky hire or a fortunate series of events, it was precipitated by a well though out plan of investment in the program.

You can turn things around with a series of fortunate events (lucky hire, a few hidden recruiting gems, good health), but a investment bolus into a program's infrastructure is a huge factor that predicts future success.

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ Jun 8 2010, 10:03 AM) [snapback]571309[/snapback]
You can turn things around with a series of fortunate events (lucky hire, a few hidden recruiting gems, good health), but a investment bolus into a program's infrastructure is a huge factor that predicts future success.

Hmm. Bolus. Good word.

halfwaytoheaven

A Lupton expansion should be on the list. At first with expanding the upper deck to match the length of the lower, but then maybe to add seats further down the lines or even in left or right field?

You can't do much in right field with Berry just beyond the hedges, but some sort of home-run porch out in left field would be neat. You could stick the student section out there. And then expand the grandstand a bit, add a couple more suites.

I'd hate to take away the kid-friendly hill, though. As dangerous as that thing is (from foul balls, not sliding), it's far too much fun.

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 01:44 PM) [snapback]571219[/snapback]
But we have invested in basketball - the practice facility is among the best around. That may not be sexy enough for the average fan, but its important to the players - they'll spend more time there than in DMC.

You must not have seen many other practice facilities. Don't get me wrong, ours fits our needs and our program. But there are nicer facilities all over the country. Much nicer.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Jun 8 2010, 10:36 AM) [snapback]571356[/snapback]
You must not have seen many other practice facilities. Don't get me wrong, ours fits our needs and our program. But there are nicer facilities all over the country. Much nicer.

I've seen a few......but thanks for your input.......

Agreed, I also think we should open up the area beyond the outfield fence for baseball tailgating on the hills (i.e. Ole Miss), We could easily get 500-1000 students per game and maybe even 2,000 if we were to play in a super regional. That is just wasted space currently.

SnoSki

QUOTE(RickBarnesWithdrew @ Jun 8 2010, 07:30 PM) [snapback]571945[/snapback]
Agreed, I also think we should open up the area beyond the outfield fence for baseball tailgating on the hills (i.e. Ole Miss), We could easily get 500-1000 students per game and maybe even 2,000 if we were to play in a super regional. That is just wasted space currently.

If they allowed tailgating on the hills outside the OF fences, I can guarantee than students would be all over it. You don't even need to remove the big bushes. The OF would be pretty full, not to mention the added benefit of improving scenery on warm days when the sorority girls come out. Opposing OFers may be distracted!

HFrog1999

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 10:43 AM) [snapback]571363[/snapback]
I've seen a few......but thanks for your input.......

That's what she said. :tongue: