• The KillerFrogs

FWST: After national search, TCU finds its president at university’s Neeley School of Business

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

After national search, TCU finds its president at university’s Neeley School of Business​

Story by Tom Johanningmeier, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

iu

The dean of the TCU Neeley School of Business has been named the university’s president, a newly created position responsible for operations supporting and enhancing the school’s academic mission.

Daniel Pullin will begin his new role Feb. 1, 2023, and report to Chancellor Victor Boschini, the university announced Monday. The university said it conducted a national search.

Pullin joined TCU in 2019 after serving as dean of the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma, where he also served as vice president. He is also a professor of entrepreneurship and innovation at TCU.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/car...rsity-s-neeley-school-of-business/ar-AA15t90T

Limp Lizard

Seriously though, at TCU, what are the jobs of the Chancellor and Presidents? When I was at TCU we just had the Chancellor (Moudy, ugh).

ticketfrog123

Seriously though, at TCU, what are the jobs of the Chancellor and Presidents? When I was at TCU we just had the Chancellor (Moudy, ugh).
Chancellor will be retiring and focusing on fundraising - this is a transition announcement

Technically Boschini is set to retire in 2026 but this could accelerate it a year or two. Dude has been trying to retire for close to a decade - finding a replacement was difficult

TCUdirtbag

Chancellor will be retiring and focusing on fundraising - this is a transition announcement

Technically Boschini is set to retire in 2026 but this could accelerate it a year or two. Dude has been trying to retire for close to a decade - finding a replacement was difficult
Mostly correct. He isn’t actually retiring. He’s still the boss. He’s just delegating day to day university ops oversight to the President (who he supervises) and as you said focusing on fundraising and big picture strategy. I’ll be interested to see if he can actually really delegate a large chunk of the job he’s been doing for 20 years. Very hard for anyone to do.

ticketfrog123

Mostly correct. He isn’t actually retiring. He’s still the boss. He’s just delegating day to day university ops oversight to the President (who he supervises) and as you said focusing on fundraising and big picture strategy. I’ll be interested to see if he can actually really delegate a large chunk of the job he’s been doing for 20 years. Very hard for anyone to do.
No - he’s retiring in 2026 that’s for sure.

If he steps out earlier or becomes more hands off bc the transition goes well - that’s TBD

TCUdirtbag

No - he’s retiring in 2026 that’s for sure.

If he steps out earlier or becomes more hands off bc the transition goes well - that’s TBD
We are saying the same thing. Your initial post (“will be retiring and focusing on fundraising”) read to me like he’s retiring *now* (when he retires he’ll be moving out of Miner House and to his house in Seaside and won’t be focusing on fundraising).