• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Add to the list of TCU’s accomplishments this season: Best team in school history

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Add to the list of TCU’s accomplishments this season: Best team in school history

BY Big Steaming Pile

unnamed.jpg

It’s December, and TCU won the Big 12 regular season conference outright, is 12-0, ranked No. 3 in the nation and will play Kansas State on Saturday at Jerry World in the Big 12 conference championship game.

The success of this current team begs the question if it is indeed the best team in TCU history.

All-white teams that played against all-white teams are automatically disqualified from any discussion as to which is the best team.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article269319767.html#storylink=cpy

calisuperfrog

This is why Dan Jenkins would have wiped his butt with Mac’s articles…”All-white teams that played against all-white teams are automatically disqualified from any discussion as to which is the best team.”

Dan would have had some pithy Texas style joke to say these teams were not apples to apples…

What a woke [ profanity ].

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This is why Dan Jenkins would have wiped his butt with Mac’s articles…”All-white teams that played against all-white teams are automatically disqualified from any discussion as to which is the best team.”

Dan would have had some pithy Texas style joke to say these teams were not apples to apples…

I will typically read his articles, good or bad, poorly written, non-edited ... but I stopped at that sentence with this article.

I think he is compensating for SRS ... Small Richard Syndrome. He looks like someone who would have a small pecker and tries to make up for it by being a big prick.

tjcoffice

Limiting consideration to the modern era is well, limiting. When I was a teen in the 1970's, myself and a friend had a Sports Illusrrated board game for college football. We could play each other with some 20 different "great" teams from different eras of college football. It was fun and interesting to play Rockne's team against a Vince Dooley team from the 1960's or a Univ. of Texas team. Today's version would likely have several amazing teams form the 80's, 90's and the like. It just defeats the purpose of such comparisons to limit the comparison to what amounts to a ten year time span. I get what Mac is trying to say, more or less, but so what.

Brog

I guess a sports writer (don't really want to call him a "journalist") has to keep thinking up subjects for his/her/their articles in the paper. As much as I love the frogs and Duggan and this year's team, seems to me that this is more of a ridiculous article than usual from this particular "writer".

Dogfrog

Awkward virtue signaling, preening for relevance, to include sports in cancel culture. Dont know anybody who is not aware there was racial injustice in 1938.

tcufrogprince1

what a wanker