• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘Unselfish quarterback.’ TCU should be fired up for Alex Delton, former teammate says

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘Unselfish quarterback.’ TCU should be fired up for Alex Delton, former teammate says

By Drew Davison

Offensive lineman Dalton Risner didn’t give up a sack in his past two seasons at Kansas State. It helped having a mobile quarterback like as Alex Delton behind him.

“Shoot, you can get beat in half a second and Alex is probably going to juke out the D-end. I love it, man,” Risner said, chuckling during a Senior Bowl interview session.

“No wonder I didn’t give up any sacks.”

All joking aside, Risner feels TCU should be fired up about landing Delton as a graduate transfer.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article225015765.html#storylink=cpy

Any meaningful contribution that will aid in solidifying the Frogs' uncertainty at QB

would be a most welcomed addition. Hopefully, Delton will prove to be that catalyst.

FrogAbroad

“Alex started the season [as our starting QB] and most QBs, when they get put in the backup position, they call it quits,” Risner said. “But Alex knew the whole game plan. He got in there and led us on a comeback and almost came back to win the game. We missed an extra point.

“He’s that type of guy and that means a lot.”

notyalc

Ridiculous. I'm a great fan. If Alex is out on the field I'll definitely root for him. I just think our program would greatly benefit for one of our young QB's to win the Job and be there for the next 2-3 years.

Putt4Purple

I’ll go ahead and root for both of them since that’s what good fans are supposed to do.

I understand the sentiment to root for one Quarterback over another but this year I see both Delton and Roger's getting plenty of playing time.
How much and in what role during the season or individual games are too numerous to predict because no one knows the health and or possible injuries that may occur during the season.
There is a lot of hyperbolic predictions that are unnecessary on this subject.

jake102

Mule when he was in.

I'll be honest, I was rooting for Mule to continue throwing interceptions in the bowl game. I was hoping he could hit some kind of record. I wish Cumbie would have stuck to his guns and let Mule air it out in the 2nd half instead of giving it to Sewo.