• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘There is no wrong.’ TCU’s Patterson delivers NIL message to local business leaders

Eight

This is what makes me mad. I agree with you. But Donati and vbo said DO NOT contact athletes as recent as last week.
i'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

what is the worst they can do to you? ask you not to contact the players? ask you to disassociate yourself from the school that won't take action?

ask yourself, what would dick lowe do in this situation.

Moose Stuff

i well we, will sponsor or whatever it is called the entire baseball team. pay theirr tuition no crap on their jerseys etc. it's a write off for us.
i'll try kirk directly. if anyone has his cell please direct message me. donati will not pick up my phone call.

I have it. Send me a DM if you still need it.

Eight

finally got a chance to completely read drew's article and these comments by gary might have been linked before so i apologize:

"Patterson didn’t mention the player by name, but said there are multiple SEC schools still calling one of his highly touted freshmen on the roster.

“There’s five SEC schools calling him and telling him, ‘Here’s what we’ll give you if you come here and not stay at TCU,’” Patterson said. “At the end of the day, that’s just real life. If we don’t do anything about it, within a year we lose him.

“The rules have changed. There is no wrong anymore.”

Patterson went on to say that he’s more concerned about what he described as the “98%” rather than the “2%” that are signing seven-figure deals. The majority of college athletes are not going to reach the pro level, but earning as much as possible during their college years has become a priority now.

“Five-thousand dollars to someone who has dirt on their floors is a lot of money,” he said."

as mentioned before, more than a few of us questioned the lack of action back in the summer and there is nothing worse in sales than being the second person to have to promise something you should have been doing all along

LVH

finally got a chance to completely read drew's article and these comments by gary might have been linked before so i apologize:

"Patterson didn’t mention the player by name, but said there are multiple SEC schools still calling one of his highly touted freshmen on the roster.

“There’s five SEC schools calling him and telling him, ‘Here’s what we’ll give you if you come here and not stay at TCU,’” Patterson said. “At the end of the day, that’s just real life. If we don’t do anything about it, within a year we lose him.

Patterson went on to say that he’s more concerned about what he described as the “98%” rather than the “2%” that are signing seven-figure deals. The majority of college athletes are not going to reach the pro level, but earning as much as possible during their college years has become a priority now.

“Five-thousand dollars to someone who has dirt on their floors is a lot of money,” he said."

as mentioned before, more than a few of us questioned the lack of action back in the summer and there is nothing worse in sales than being the second person to have to promise something you should have been doing all along

There needs to be some kind of rule against tampering, but lets be real, it wont be enforced at all.

Fight fire with fire... promise more playing time for those not getting enough game action in the SEC

Froggish

I have heard behind the scenes that Quincy Brown and DPM are both getting hit up really hard by SEC teams to leave TCU…It’s BS.

Eight

I have heard behind the scenes that Quincy Brown and DPM are both getting hit up really hard by SEC teams to leave TCU…It’s BS.

tampering is nothing new, heck the ncaa never has had anyway to control contact via the dead periods via texas and dm's let alone third parties as well as during the school year

what is new is the rules of the game or the lack of said rules and that is the biggest frustration in this all. tcu chose to move up the conference ladder each time, the school didn't have to make the jump, and when we did each time there was a requirement for more resources and actions that just doesn't diminish.

if the powers to be at tcu decided to slow play the entire nil development that is a very big concern because if they aren't even going to allow their programs to try to compete in a similar matter of other programs then we should have just said we want to drop down when OUT heads for the sec

Froggish

this is exceptionally disappointing that you have posters on a message board taking action while those who are supposed to be taking action have slow played and declined to respond

This really shouldn’t be surprising. TCU has built itself up on the back of a small, select number of large donors over the years. Not inviting the common alumni and fanbase into opportunities is why they don’t have the support of the community or the alumni buy in they want.

Eight

This really shouldn’t be surprising. TCU has built itself up on the back of a small, select number of large donors over the years. Not inviting the common alumni and fanbase into opportunities is why they don’t have the support of the community or the alumni buy in they want.

don't think it is a matter of restricting the number of who truly has access, but there is a thought i have that is a bit more dour and that is are there concerns that dollars that might be directed to athletes via the nil agreements are dollars that could have gone to other things such as more overpriced buildings and growing the endowment

Froggish

don't think it is a matter of restricting the number of who truly has access, but there is a thought i have that is a bit more dour and that is are there concerns that dollars that might be directed to athletes via the nil agreements are dollars that could have gone to other things such as more overpriced buildings and growing the endowment

Which should be a real concern but it also shouldn’t be any surprise that what people in the state of TX really want to put their money towards is a winning football team.