• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘There is no wrong.’ TCU’s Patterson delivers NIL message to local business leaders

FinanceFrog

if zach Evans continues to have a great season and is one of the best backs in the country and Alabama comes along and says. - hey, you could possibly start for us and our starting RB typically makes $500k from NIL. why wouldn’t Zach take that? Wouldn’t most of you?

Zach should have every right to be compensated for his talent and ability.

Pharm Frog

if zach Evans continues to have a great season and is one of the best backs in the country and Alabama comes along and says. - hey, you could possibly start for us and our starting RB typically makes $500k from NIL. why wouldn’t Zach take that? Wouldn’t most of you?

Zach should have every right to be compensated for his talent and ability.

I heard he was a pretty good high school player. Shouldn’t he have been compensated for that? Don’t high schools charge for tickets to see a game?

flyfishingfrog

I heard he was a pretty good high school player. Shouldn’t he have been compensated for that? Don’t high schools charge for tickets to see a game?
My grandson played in a select baseball tournament last weekend and hit three HRs, pitched the final game and his team won the tourney
Team paid a big fee to participate and I paid a gate and a cooler fee three times….

going to call that guy and tell him if he wants my grandson back - I want $500….

people who act like anyone should be able to go anywhere for more money “because that is the way the real world works” just prove they are nobodies in the real world

important people that are highly compensated in every walk of life, all over the world have employment restrictions in the form of non-competes, employment contracts that involve penalties for leaving early,etc

in today’s world - if you didn’t sign any form of employment contract that limits you options to leave - it’s because you weren’t that important to your employer to start and can be replaced without too much concern for loss of revenue or affect on operations

should be the same in college football if these players really think they deserve more than just a scholarship

of course they could stop wasting the scholarship by taking underwater basket weaving classes and that might fix a large part of the “no value” issue

FinanceFrog

I may have to Finance my ignore list.

a lot of people like to create echo chambers for themselves where they’ll only read things they 100% agree with. it’s just how it is now. I myself come on a message board because I think different points of view are interesting. but that’s just me - I’m not afraid of others opinions.

Wexahu

a lot of people like to create echo chambers for themselves where they’ll only read things they 100% agree with. it’s just how it is now. I myself come on a message board because I think different points of view are interesting. but that’s just me - I’m not afraid of others opinions.

You come on here to try and use idiotic, simplistic arguments to get under people's skin, and that's about it.

Moose Stuff

You’ve always failed to see the difference between posting different points of view and posting complete [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Regardless of the subject.

flyfishingfrog

sure, high schoolers should be allowed to make money. why should we restrict that?
That would be awesome - loser parents pimping their 15 year old son out to the highest bidder every Friday night….

I mean what could go wrong?

It’s not like 99% percent of successful child actors turn into broke ass, substance dependent losers as adults

Moose Stuff

TCU last played tOSU 9/18/18 which was many many posts ago for you, but only a mere 3 years ago. WEX’s posts confirmed that he was a strong tOSU supporter back then. Has he denounced them :)

People act like he posts about them every day. I’m on here more than anyone (as you pointed out) and I can’t remember actually seeing a time where he posted about them. It’s like the whole “I heard a rumor at Chipotle” thing, ceased to be clever years and years ago.

cheese83

Dortmund is huge! Try using some bottom of the table teams and tell me how great that is. For instance, Palermo sold Dybala and then got regulated and went bankrupt. Sounds great!

Palermo is just a bad club in a poor country. Serie A is dying a slow death outside of a handful of clubs. We could sit here and chat European Football all day, let’s just move on. Truce?

FinanceFrog

You’ve always failed to see the difference between posting different points of view and posting complete [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Regardless of the subject.

welcome to the world outside of your echo chamber. im surprised you stepped out long enough to post.

CountryFrog

Is there a time limit on how quickly a player can move from team to team? I could see a scenario where a team about to enter the playoffs loses their star player (whatever he may be) and the boosters quickly go buy another one...would that be possible?
I believe the speed of light is the only barrier in place to slow them down.