• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘TCU was the perfect fit for me.’ Inside how TCU landed German QB Alexander Honig

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘TCU was the perfect fit for me.’ Inside how TCU landed German QB Alexander Honig

By Drew Davison

Alexander Honig had a simple mindset when it came to his recruitment, especially as a prospect from Germany.

“I’m not about all these numbers and getting as many offers as I can,” Honig said. “I just needed one offer that is perfect.”

The perfect offer came on Saturday from TCU, and Honig didn’t take long to accept it from co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Sonny Cumbie. Honig made his commitment public on Monday.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article233294672.html#storylink=cpy

froginmn

He impressed the TCU coaching staff during a camp on Friday.

One person on hand said Honig can “spin it … like for real for real.”

My money is on GMFP as the source of that quote.

HFrog1999

For real, for real? That seals it, then! Welcome aboard!

200.gif

Atomic Frawg

"The Throwing Dutchman" appears to be an available Twitter handle. And the article never asked him any really pertinent questions like: Audi? BMW? Mercedes? Or Volkswagen? Or is there any real reason why Germans love The Hoff so much?

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

So do we give him his own walkout music?

Why would an Austrian pop singer singing about an Austrian classical composer be an appropriate walk-up song for a German QB? I mean, other than it was one of the best songs and music videos of the 20th century of course (mainly the Salieri mix version) and was recorded in German. Baron Georg Johannes Ludwig Ritter von Trapp would not approve. If we don't go with the Scorpions or Nena, I'd suggest something from the discography of Kraftwerk...perhaps The Man Machine or Autobahn.