• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘It continues to get worse.’ Injuries still piling up for TCU football

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘It continues to get worse.’ Injuries still piling up for TCU football

FTW_BaylorvsTCUcfb9

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU football moved a cornerback to running back last week. Now the Horned Frogs might need a wide receiver to play quarterback.

That’s the type of injury-plagued season it’s been for TCU, which is preparing for its home finale against Kansas at 3 p.m. Saturday at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“We’re decimated by injuries,” TCU interim coach Jerry Kill said. “There’s no excuses. I’ve never had one in my life so you have to find a way to get it done, but I’ve never seen anything like it. And it continues to get worse.”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article255865921.html#storylink=cpy

TRF51

Max can play if needed and would play if it came to that. Chandler will play and #33 should be back at running back since he is practicing this week. This injury thing is an excuse that we have been hearing for years.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
This team has endured an inordinate number of injuries over the past few years.

Conditioning is always a consideration and can be problematic. Could the training

staff be culpable in any way?
How is a broken bone or separated collarbone etc. an issue of strength/conditioning? If we are getting pushed around or gassed in the 4th qtr, then I agree.

How is a broken bone or separated collarbone etc. an issue of strength/conditioning? If we are getting pushed around or gassed in the 4th qtr, then I agree.
Doubtful that the preponderance of this team's health issues involve broken bones.

The OSU game exemplified our being thoroughly pushed around in the 4th quarter.

ftwfrog

Conditioning is always a consideration and can be problematic. Could the training

It’s what happens when you kick the [ Finebaum ] out of each other in practice. But again, “got to grow em up.”

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Doubtful that the preponderance of this team's health issues involve broken bones.

The OSU game exemplified our being thoroughly pushed around in the 4th quarter.
That has been the discussion here lately, that injuries like to Duggan, Miller and Evans are the results of a poor strength and conditioning program.

NavyFrog

I believe, especially on defense, it's because we are just too small. Sometime ago, Gary decided to trade size for speed. We now have 220 lbs defensive ends, 270-180 lbs DTs, 210 lbs linebackers and 165-170 lbs defensive backs. They are getting beat to a pulp. The last defense with any size was the Peach Bowl team.