• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘It’s not a money grab.’ TCU AD Donati goes in-depth on beer sales, in-and-out policy

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
It is a money grab in that TCU squeezes every penny out of it's constituents that it can, We used to worship Jesus at TCU, now we worship Ben Franklin. Don't even think about mentioning Jesus and TCU in the same breath at a TCU function or you will be reprimanded. We are ashamed to proclaim ! That said I used to openly smoke, but hide to drink in ACS. Now we openly drink, but hide to smoke. I demand a betting kiosk as soon as sports betting is made legal in Texas, which is coming soon. Then all of the fans will be able to drink, gamble and sneak a smoke while watching the game.If we all lit up a once what could they do about it ? Nothing goes better with a beer than a ciggy and betting makes the game a whole lot more interesting. I draw the line at prostitution, although Ben F most likely would have no problem with it. TCU pays administrators and coaches millions, and sends students into the world with 6 figure debts without a second thought. Of course it is a money grab.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, Dutch, they ain't runnin a charity up there. You gotta pay the bills, keep the lights on. Only way you can do that is to make a profit on things you produce, like entertainment.

Besides, you don't drink a beer while puffing on a cigar. Drink whiskey, dammit!

Ron Swanson

It is a money grab in that TCU squeezes every penny out of it's constituents that it can, We used to worship Jesus at TCU, now we worship Ben Franklin. Don't even think about mentioning Jesus and TCU in the same breath at a TCU function or you will be reprimanded. We are ashamed to proclaim ! That said I used to openly smoke, but hide to drink in ACS. Now we openly drink, but hide to smoke. I demand a betting kiosk as soon as sports betting is made legal in Texas, which is coming soon. Then all of the fans will be able to drink, gamble and sneak a smoke while watching the game.If we all lit up a once what could they do about it ? Nothing goes better with a beer than a ciggy and betting makes the game a whole lot more interesting. I draw the line at prostitution, although Ben F most likely would have no problem with it. TCU pays administrators and coaches millions, and sends students into the world with 6 figure debts without a second thought. Of course it is a money grab.
Jesus Christ

MTfrog5

Complain about it being a money grab for the school. Then complain about the school not having enough money to keep kids from having high student loans. Makes sense

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Well, Dutch, they ain't runnin a charity up there. You gotta pay the bills, keep the lights on. Only way you can do that is to make a profit on things you produce, like entertainment.

Besides, you don't drink a beer while puffing on a cigar. Drink whiskey, dammit!
They are supposedly running a non-profit organization. TCU is rolling in money like never before. I am not saying I am against beer sales, but it is disingenuous to act like it isn’t a money grab. It is a tad ironic to say we are going to cut down on binge drinking by selling alcohol. Now tell me the one about Goldy Locks and the 3 Bears. I love that one. The old buildings at TCU are named after God’s servants. The new ones are named after the highest bidder.

MTfrog5

They are supposedly running a non-profit organization. TCU is rolling in money like never before. I am not saying I am against beer sales, but it is disingenuous to act like it isn’t a money grab. It is a tad ironic to say we are going to cut down on binge drinking by selling alcohol. Now tell me the one about Goldy Locks and the 3 Bears. I love that one. The old buildings at TCU are named after God’s servants. The new ones are named after the highest bidder.
Every single schools that has started selling beer inside stadiums saw their alcohol related incidents decrease. If you want an example, WVU was pretty much the first school to start selling. There are numerous articles about how incidents have decreased for them starting in the first couple years.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Complain about it being a money grab for the school. Then complain about the school not having enough money to keep kids from having high student loans. Makes sense
I have talked with trustees about the constant tuition increases. They say many of them have been unnecessary, but everybody else is doing it ( in cahoots with the banks who lend as much as the students will sign up for) TCU wins, the banks win. Guess who loses ? The Chancellor, AD, top coaches all make 7 figures and going up like a rocket. I am sure this doesn’t enter into their thinking. In Ben Franklin’s name, Amen.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Every single schools that has started selling beer inside stadiums saw their alcohol related incidents decrease. If you want an example, WVU was pretty much the first school to start selling. There are numerous articles about how incidents have decreased for them starting in the first couple years.
So you are saying that TCU should look to WVa ( the only big school in the east that the ACC said no to) as our shining example ?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I have talked with trustees about the constant tuition increases. They say many of them have been unnecessary, but everybody else is doing it ( in cahoots with the banks who lend as much as the students will sign up for) TCU wins, the banks win. Guess who loses ? The Chancellor, AD, top coaches all make 7 figures and going up like a rocket. I am sure this doesn’t enter into their thinking. In Ben Franklin’s name, Amen.
Dutch, the Feds took over the Student Loan bidness years ago. If you really want to know why tuition is skyrocketing, look to 1.) Bloated Administration, 2.) Keeping Up With The Joneses (in terms of what others are charging), and 3.) Federal policy to shovel out money for worthless degrees. TCU is a little behind the curve in useless, bloated Administration, but they are racing to catch up.

Yet, that is a larger issue not really connected with the simple matter of beer sales in ACS. Seriously, if they wanted a bare-naked money grab, they'd be charging Jerry Jones prices...