• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘It’s an emotional time.’ TCU’s Dixon explains why Jaylen Fisher hasn’t been with team

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘It’s an emotional time.’ TCU’s Dixon explains why Jaylen Fisher hasn’t been with team

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Jamie Dixon addressed the injury situation surrounding junior guard Jaylen Fisher on Monday. Fisher has yet to play in Big 12 games this season.
By
TCU junior guard Jaylen Fisher is out for the “foreseeable future,” coach Jamie Dixon said on Monday. But Fisher has not been on the Frogs’ bench the past two games.

Fisher didn’t make the trip to Oklahoma on Saturday, and was not with the team for Tuesday’s home game against West Virginia. Fisher didn’t play, but was with the team, for the Big 12 opener against Baylor and at Kansas earlier this month.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224595070.html#storylink=cpy

Moose Stuff

There is no more substantial information in the article about fisher than what is in the headline.

There are, however, some errors and unfinished sentences.

Pointless article. Drew needs to do better.

I wouldn’t call it pointless. Highlights what Fisher is going through mentally right now and why he wasn’t on the bench. Feel bad for the kid.

froginmn

I wouldn’t call it pointless. Highlights what Fisher is going through mentally right now and why he wasn’t on the bench. Feel bad for the kid.
I don't see anything that remotely explains why he wasn't on the bench. Was it "it's an emotional time"?

I did see this paragraph:

We had three guys who had season-ending injuries [Angus McWilliam, Yuat Alok and . Unheard of. Find me another team.

Did Drew just forget to look up who the third player is? Is Jaylen 3?

Armadillo

There is no more substantial information in the article about fisher than what is in the headline.

There are, however, some errors and unfinished sentences.

Pointless article. Drew needs to do better.

I thought it was an odd, pointless article too. Was hoping for more than JF going thru a rough time.

SportsJunkie

Time for him to find a better surgeon it seems like. Dude is gonna have a total knee in a year at this rate of continued surgery. There are so many new, regenerative/restorative injections that can help too. Hope he is not getting frequent steroids that's making it worse.

Feel bad for the kid bc I've dealt with this same injury and struggled to get it back to normal.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It wouldn’t be pointless if it explained anything beyond the headline. I get it’s a hard time for fisher. The headline stated that clearly. The article didn’t provide more information.

Moose Stuff

It wouldn’t be pointless if it explained anything beyond the headline. I get it’s a hard time for fisher. The headline stated that clearly. The article didn’t provide more information.

All I know is several people noticed JF wasn’t on the bench and were curious why. At least this gives us some insight into that. The article didn’t have more info because Jamie didn’t give him more info.

cheese83

Time for him to find a better surgeon it seems like. Dude is gonna have a total knee in a year at this rate of continued surgery. There are so many new, regenerative/restorative injections that can help too. Hope he is not getting frequent steroids that's making it worse.

Feel bad for the kid bc I've dealt with this same injury and struggled to get it back to normal.

Is he not using the TCU doc?

LisaLT

I wonder whether this poor guy will ever be healthy enough to resume his basketball career the way he would want to. It certainly doesn’t sound like it. I can’t imagine how crushing that must be.