• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘I knew it was my time.’ Kendre Miller confident as TCU football’s No. 1 running back

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘I knew it was my time.’ Kendre Miller confident as TCU football’s No. 1 running back

BY DREW DAVISON

AP21303760987425.jpg

It’s Miller Time for TCU football these days.

Junior running back Kendre Miller has assumed the No. 1 running back position this spring as the rushing attack fills the void left by leading rusher Zach Evans, who departed for Ole Miss via the transfer portal this offseason.

“When (Evans) left, I knew it was my time,” said Miller, who joined the program as a three-star prospect out of Mount Enterprise High School in 2020.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article260135255.html#storylink=cpy

4 Oaks Frog

‘I knew it was my time.’ Kendre Miller confident as TCU football’s No. 1 running back

BY DREW DAVISON

AP21303760987425.jpg

It’s Miller Time for TCU football these days.

Junior running back Kendre Miller has assumed the No. 1 running back position this spring as the rushing attack fills the void left by leading rusher Zach Evans, who departed for Ole Miss via the transfer portal this offseason.

“When (Evans) left, I knew it was my time,” said Miller, who joined the program as a three-star prospect out of Mount Enterprise High School in 2020.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article260135255.html#storylink=cpy
CORRECTION: …leading “part time” rusher, Zach Evans left…
it IS MILLER TIME!!!

GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

FrogUltimate

Miller is the reason I wasn't terribly concerned about Evans' departure. Never good to lose quality, but - imho, only - Miller's capabilities are in the same vicinity.

I think quantity is the concern. Having Evans and Miller as 1a 1b was huge. Could get 25 carries from those two without stressing either and putting up huge YPC numbers, which is ultimately the team goal. Bailey is a really good add, but worried he's limited situationally.

My biggest concern with Evans leaving is pass blocking and catching. Evans was our best RB at both of those. You could debate between Evans and Miller as to who was the better runner, but Evans could do all three at an elite level. We didn't see Miller tasked with pass blocking responsibilities as much.

Palliative Care

Dykes believes in establishing the pass first and foremost. To do that the line need to pass block well enough for the quarterback to find the "hot" receiver. This also sets up the run because the defense gets committed to stopping the passing game. Backs like Miller can then escape for long gains. You need an RB who does not dance around but hits the hole at full speed. LB's dropping to cover are often back off the line and essentially out of position. This scheme doesn't work if the o-line is having a bad day and the QB is hurried on most downs. A truly great QB can make a difference, but I am not sure we have exactly that guy right now.
Effective blitzing can cause this offense to stall.

WIN

Dykes believes in establishing the pass first and foremost. To do that the line need to pass block well enough for the quarterback to find the "hot" receiver. This also sets up the run because the defense gets committed to stopping the passing game. Backs like Miller can then escape for long gains. You need an RB who does not dance around but hits the hole at full speed. LB's dropping to cover are often back off the line and essentially out of position. This scheme doesn't work if the o-line is having a bad day and the QB is hurried on most downs. A truly great QB can make a difference, but I am not sure we have exactly that guy right now.
Effective blitzing can cause this offense to stall.
Know we had a hard time stopping it the last 2 years.

TCUWIN

I am quite concerned with some of the reports coming out of spring ball. We are about half way thru and three quarters of our starters aren't injured. Is this even Horned Frog Football?
Apparently yes. Every year we have large numbers of guys that are hurt in spring football.