• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘He slings that thing’: TCU confident in Michael Collins if Shawn Robinson is out

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘He slings that thing’: TCU confident in Michael Collins if Shawn Robinson is out

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like to talk about injuries and hasn’t revealed much about quarterback Shawn Robinson’s status.

But Robinson injured his left shoulder in last Saturday’s game against Iowa State, sustaining a big blow on it late in the game.

Robinson and the Frogs have an extended break to try and get healthy with a bye this week. But it wouldn’t be too surprising to see backup Michael Collins get the starting nod next Thursday against Texas Tech.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article219455415.html

Bob

I don't know about you, but Michael Collins is one of my favorites. Especially the single malt with a little ice.

Putt4Purple

I hope SR is okay, but would love to see what Collins can do. From what I have seen on YouTube he has a great arm. We shall see...

Yes a great arm is good! However SR has a great arm too. I'm more anxious to see his decisions on where and when to throw more than anything else. We shall see.

netty2424

Someone recently pointed out a quote GP gave from camp that SR threw the least amount of interceptions. That’s a scary thought.

FWIW, I think SR is going to be a really good QB before it’s said and done, but hoping MC has better ball security. It’s imperative at this point. Defense is going to have a few games where the offense gets the better of them.

4th. down

A little ball security and we might have one one or two that we have lost...

Within reason, we could be undefeated if only the turnovers by the QB were eliminated. That's how close we are to a really good team. Think of our defense if we didn't have to contend with the offensive miscues. One of GP's better defensive units and that's without Ross.

Mean Purple

Yes a great arm is good! However SR has a great arm too. I'm more anxious to see his decisions on where and when to throw more than anything else. We shall see.
A great arm is one thing, being able to lead rcvrs, throw to the outside shoulder and make decisions on the field is another.

Watching game day and realizing they would not even be there had we not given another game away.

nwlafrog

Showgirls meet the band at Frog Fountain about an hour and 30-45 minutes before each game and spend about 15 minutes posing for pictures should any of you other proud dads be interested in something like that.

We make it a point to meet the showgirls for NWLA girl. She idolizes them and it makes her whole week watching them perform. She has been in a competition cheer and dance team for the past few years.

HFrog1999

200w.gif

Moose Stuff

We make it a point to meet the showgirls for NWLA girl. She idolizes them and it makes her whole week watching them perform. She has been in a competition cheer and dance team for the past few years.

Well if you’re ever at Frog Fountain before the game when the Showgirls are there find me and I’ll make sure she gets a picture with some of them. I’ve always got on a solid purple TCU/Nike hat and black rimmed glasses. Not typically enough people up there that you wouldn’t be able to find me.

Bob

Showgirls meet the band at Frog Fountain about an hour and 30-45 minutes before each game and spend about 15 minutes posing for pictures should any of you other proud dads be interested in something like that.
Does the fountain squirt any higher during these sessions?