• The KillerFrogs

funny thing about the Mighty UT

NORMLFROG

QUOTE(NewFrogFan @ Jun 8 2010, 04:25 PM) [snapback]571443[/snapback]
Norml, is it just me or do the TCU baseball seats seem awfully small when you sit in one???

When your arse is as wide as mine the chair and a half at Rooms to Go seems awfully small.

NF

desmith03

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM) [snapback]571272[/snapback]
Keep telling yourself that, chief..."we have a TECH problem?" Doesn't really sound like a ringing endorsement from the 40 acres....they might as well be saying we have genital warts.

NF

The "Tech problem" came out of the Big 10 dialogue, presumably referring to the academic issues of a non Tier-1 (AAU member). While I think the issues of academics are smoke-and-mirrors for the Pac-10, the Big 10 has enough options, and enough of a history that I do think academics are a major concern to them.

Either that or the "tech problem" was that they were sending unsecured emails that would later be released to the public. :ph34r:

gdu

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 04:30 PM) [snapback]571452[/snapback]
Sorry...when your decision making is subject to the "Tech problem"(That's the UT President's words, not mine) then you have turned into their [Deleted]. If somebody says you're not going anywhere without me/or you can go but I'm coming along too then you've been emasculated cause your decision is being dictated by your old lady(oops, Freudian slip) I mean your little brother.

UT might be steering the boat but the Pirate has a sword right between your burnt orange shoulder blades...and a little green and gold parrot is sitting on Captn Trailertrash's shoulder.

NF

See above.

gdu

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:27 PM) [snapback]571449[/snapback]
This was a concession of his central point. If Texas gets "stuck" with Baylor and Tech against their will, then to an extent Baylor and Tech have wagged the dog. Is it that difficult for you to see and admit this instead of going into a bunch of double-speak?

You DID concede the central point. He of course wasn't arguing that Baylor or Tech were driving the train, just that if they get into whatever conference UT goes to against UT's wishes, they will have wielded quite a bit of power over UT, who - based on their athletic power - one would think SHOULD be able to go wherever they want and not be stuck with anybody.

Geez. Getting a lawyer to admit to anything seems like cruel work.

This isn't double-speak at all. Baylor and tech aren't dictating [Deleted]. I don't think Texas considers going to the Pac10 with tech and baylot as against their will. They want to have the same number of schools as CA. Again, Baylor and tech aren't wagging anything. They have NO say whatsoever in where Texas ends up. They are just praying they get to go with.

NORMLFROG

wip100312_15.jpg

Oh look, It's Hance hugging Powers. Looks like a match made in heaven.

NF

ectofrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 11:36 AM) [snapback]571458[/snapback]
This isn't double-speak at all. Baylor and tech aren't dictating [Deleted]. I don't think Texas considers going to the Pac10 with tech and baylot as against their will. They want to have the same number of schools as CA. Again, Baylor and tech aren't wagging anything. They have NO say whatsoever in where Texas ends up. They are just praying they get to go with.

It is double-speak to concede that Texas "may get stuck" with Baylor and Tech and then claim that Baylor and Tech aren't dictating anything.

DUCY?

gdu

QUOTE(ectofrog @ Jun 8 2010, 04:42 PM) [snapback]571469[/snapback]
It is double-speak to concede that Texas "may get stuck" with Baylor and Tech and then claim that Baylor and Tech aren't dictating anything.

DUCY?

I was using someone else's language; should've put it in quotes. Texas wants their votes if they end up in the Pac10.

WIN

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 11:26 AM) [snapback]571444[/snapback]
Absolutely.

Seems to me the big 10 passed on ut because of the extra baggage. Can't imagine the big 10 sitting on the sidelines while the pac makes all the moves into Texas.

gdu

QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 04:47 PM) [snapback]571478[/snapback]
Seems to me the big 10 passed on ut because of the extra baggage. Can't imagine the big 10 sitting on the sidelines while the pac makes all the moves into Texas.

B10 has higher academic standards and more importantly, a MUCH better tv deal. Pac10 needs Texas to get anywhere close to the tv money the B10 already has.

Froginexile

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 8 2010, 11:32 AM) [snapback]571455[/snapback]
The "Tech problem" came out of the Big 10 dialogue, presumably referring to the academic issues of a non Tier-1 (AAU member). While I think the issues of academics are smoke-and-mirrors for the Pac-10, the Big 10 has enough options, and enough of a history that I do think academics are a major concern to them.

Either that or the "tech problem" was that they were sending unsecured emails that would later be released to the public. :ph34r:

With WSU and OSU in the conference...Pac-10 does not care about academics. Stanford and Berkeley pretend it is about academics, but that is just from being so close to the bay.

Froginexile

QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 11:47 AM) [snapback]571478[/snapback]

B10 is making the moves on ND. It can't say to ND, "You are the sweet thing I love and you are my inspiration, one and only...yada, yada." then use the same moves on DeLoss. ND and UT will talk when they go to the girl's room.

WIN

Seems like nebraska and missouri have all the say so at this point. If they say no to the big 10 what happens then? If they say yes all start moving.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 12:46 PM) [snapback]571536[/snapback]
Seems like nebraska and missouri have all the say so at this point. If they say no to the big 10 what happens then? If they say yes all start moving.

They're not going to say 'no. The question is will the Big 10 ask?

WIN

QUOTE(RSF @ Jun 8 2010, 12:54 PM) [snapback]571546[/snapback]
They're not going to say 'no. The question is will the Big 10 ask?

If there is not an offer before the deadline they are going to have to committ to the big 12 in a way that may keep them from accepting in the near future.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 8 2010, 10:26 AM) [snapback]571447[/snapback]
<br />If Texas says, I want to go to the B10, then they will end up in the B10. Done Deal. They will find a way to make it work.<br />

Wrong UTerd. If any conference wants UT without the other three doushes UT has to get permission from TT and aggie. Simple fact. Prolly why UT isn't going anywhere when this finally all shakes out. UT isn't allowed to take the car out without taking their little bros along if that is what the bros want. Kinda funny that big bad UT ultimately is controlled by their weak siblings.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 01:01 PM) [snapback]571553[/snapback]
If there is not an offer before the deadline they are going to have to committ to the big 12 in a way that may keep them from accepting in the near future.

That's a different question. At that point you have a high stakes game of chicken, and we find out how serious the Big 12 is in 'staying together'. And the rest of the Big 12 doesn't actually have an offer in hand yet, either.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Jun 8 2010, 06:35 PM) [snapback]571583[/snapback]
Wrong UTerd. If any conference wants UT without the other three doushes UT has to get permission from TT and aggie. Simple fact. Prolly why UT isn't going anywhere when this finally all shakes out. UT isn't allowed to take the car out without taking their little bros along if that is what the bros want. Kinda funny that big bad UT ultimately is controlled by their weak siblings.

funny that we are making fun of them for that and we can't take out the car whether we want to our not. I guess we could chose to go to CUSA or the Sunbelt.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 12:52 PM) [snapback]571614[/snapback]
<br />funny that we are making fun of them for that and we can't take out the car whether we want to our not. I guess we could chose to go to CUSA or the Sunbelt.<br />

Neither can UT which is the point. That is why they sit on the beetchk's seat while TT as the wheel and aggot is stretched out in the back seat and Baylor is running after the car with their knee pads and lipstick yelling wait for meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Summer fun.

NORMLFROG

Don't try and confuse our little orange blooded sycophant. He'll just do what many bull-headed lawyers do which is argue themselves into a corner, argue to try to get out of the corner, fail miserably, refuse to admit they're wrong and lose credibility with their client, the bar and the bench.

The good lawyers grow out of it, pick their spots, have enough integrity to admit they're wrong and become better lawyers.

Others? Not so much.

NF