• The KillerFrogs

funny thing about the Mighty UT

gdu

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 7 2010, 09:53 PM) [snapback]570749[/snapback]
It seems that baylor and tech and making the whorns their [Deleted] over this expansion thing. Life is strange.

NF

not sure what world you're living in. If Texas told the Pac10 not to take Tech or Baylor, they wouldn't. Tech and Baylor don't have the political clout they used to; if they are invited, it's bc Texas wants them to be.

NORMLFROG

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 7 2010, 10:52 PM) [snapback]570798[/snapback]
not sure what world you're living in. If Texas told the Pac10 not to take Tech or Baylor, they wouldn't. Tech and Baylor don't have the political clout they used to; if they are invited, it's bc Texas wants them to be.

Keep telling yourself that, chief..."we have a TECH problem?" Doesn't really sound like a ringing endorsement from the 40 acres....they might as well be saying we have genital warts.

NF

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 09:39 AM) [snapback]571272[/snapback]
Keep telling yourself that, chief..."we have a TECH problem?" Doesn't really sound like a ringing endorsement from the 40 acres....they might as well be saying we have genital warts.

NF

Because once Baylor and Tech slept with Texas, they've slept with everyone UT did......

HFrog1999

ann-richards.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 02:39 PM) [snapback]571272[/snapback]

NF

So you think it was Baylor and tech's idea to ask the Pac10 to invite Texas and then force Texas to get both of them invited too? Yeah, I'm sure that's how it happened.

There may be a symbiotic relationship between the schools, but Baylor and Tech aren't making anyone their [Deleted].

edit: why does b itch not get bleeped when the OP typed it, but it does when I type it?

jake102

Yeah... UT pretty much owns the Big 12. If UT wanted to go to the Big 10, they would go to the Big 10. If they wanted in the SEC, then they would probably get in the SEC. UT is the premier athletic university right now.

HFrog1999

UT can't go anywhere without the State guvment's approval. That's why they may be forced to let their little brothers and step brother tag along.

gdu

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:19 PM) [snapback]571330[/snapback]
UT can't go anywhere without the State guvment's approval. That's why they may be forced to let their little brothers and step brother tag along.

And they might not have a problem with that (easy wins, low travel cost, helps in recruiting, helps in conference votes, etc...), but that is FAR different from baylor or tech making texas their [Deleted] like the OP said.

NORMLFROG

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 03:29 PM) [snapback]571344[/snapback]
And they might not have a problem with that (easy wins, low travel cost, helps in recruiting, helps in conference votes, etc...), but that is FAR different from baylor or tech making texas their [Deleted] like the OP said.

Sorry friend...they DO have a problem...just ask ol' Bill Powers...it's called a Tech problem. Same could be said for baylor. UT ain't charting their own course without permission of their little brothers....and then it's really not THEIR OWN course anymore.

NF

gdu

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 03:37 PM) [snapback]571359[/snapback]
Sorry friend...they DO have a problem...just ask ol' Bill Powers...it's called a Tech problem. Same could be said for baylor. UT ain't charting their own course without permission of their little brothers....and then it's really not THEIR OWN course anymore.

NF

Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. If Texas wants to go to the Pac10, they will. If Texas wants to go to the B10, they will. If Texas wants to go to the SEC, they will. If Texas wants to come to the MWC, they will. They may get stuck with Baylor and Tech (which maybe Texas likes), but Baylor and Tech aren't wagging anything; they are just along for the ride.

Texas doesn't need Tech or Baylor permission to do anything. If Texas wanted to go to the Pac10 and Baylor and Tech wouldn't, that is EXACTLY what would happen. No permission needed.

NORMLFROG

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 03:43 PM) [snapback]571365[/snapback]
Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand. If Texas wants to go to the Pac10, they will. If Texas wants to go to the B10, they will. If Texas wants to go to the SEC, they will. If Texas wants to come to the MWC, they will. They may get stuck with Baylor and Tech (which maybe Texas likes), but Baylor and Tech aren't wagging anything; they are just along for the ride.

Texas doesn't need Tech or Baylor permission to do anything. If Texas wanted to go to the Pac10 and Baylor and Tech wouldn't, that is EXACTLY what would happen. No permission needed.

Thanks for conceding the point. I'm not arguing that Tech and Baylor aren't along for the ride. What I'm saying is that they're in the car whether Texas likes it or not. If you have to get "stuck" with something then it's not really your choice in the first place.

NF

gdu

QUOTE(NORMLFROG @ Jun 8 2010, 04:16 PM) [snapback]571427[/snapback]
Thanks for conceding the point. I'm not arguing that Tech and Baylor aren't along for the ride. What I'm saying is that they're in the car whether Texas likes it or not. If you have to get "stuck" with something then it's not really your choice in the first place.

NF

The choice is conference affiliation; and Texas will be the one making that call.

Again, Baylor and Tech aren't making anyone their [Deleted] and nobody thinks that except you.

You said "It seems that baylor and tech and making the whorns their [Deleted] over this expansion thing" which is just flat [Deleted] wrong. Nobody conceded anything to you, because you are simply wrong. Baylor ain't crying for their daddy on tv bc they are making someone their [Deleted].

WIN

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]571432[/snapback]
The choice is conference affiliation; and Texas will be the one making that call.

Again, Baylor and Tech aren't making anyone their [Deleted] and nobody thinks that except you.

You said "It seems that baylor and tech and making the whorns their [Deleted] over this expansion thing" which is just flat [Deleted] wrong. Nobody conceded anything to you, because you are simply wrong. Baylor ain't crying for their daddy on tv bc they are making someone their [Deleted].

Do you think the big 10 would take baylor and tech just to get ut?

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 10:05 AM) [snapback]571310[/snapback]
edit: why does b itch not get bleeped when the OP typed it, but it does when I type it?

Because you aren't an admin and the OP is.

gdu

QUOTE(WIN @ Jun 8 2010, 04:22 PM) [snapback]571437[/snapback]
Do you think the big 10 would take baylor and tech just to get ut?

Absolutely.

jake102

If Texas says, I want to go to the B10, then they will end up in the B10. Done Deal. They will find a way to make it work.

ectofrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]571432[/snapback]
Nobody conceded anything to you

QUOTE(tcugdu)
They may get stuck with Baylor and Tech

This was a concession of his central point. If Texas gets "stuck" with Baylor and Tech against their will, then to an extent Baylor and Tech have wagged the dog. Is it that difficult for you to see and admit this instead of going into a bunch of double-speak?

You DID concede the central point. He of course wasn't arguing that Baylor or Tech were driving the train, just that if they get into whatever conference UT goes to against UT's wishes, they will have wielded quite a bit of power over UT, who - based on their athletic power - one would think SHOULD be able to go wherever they want and not be stuck with anybody.

Geez. Getting a lawyer to admit to anything seems like cruel work.

NORMLFROG

Sorry...when your decision making is subject to the "Tech problem"(That's the UT President's words, not mine) then you have turned into their [ hundin]. If somebody says you're not going anywhere without me/or you can go but I'm coming along too then you've been emasculated cause your decision is being dictated by your old lady(oops, Freudian slip) I mean your little brother.

UT might be steering the boat but the Pirate has a sword right between your burnt orange shoulder blades...and a little green and gold parrot is sitting on Captn Trailertrash's shoulder.

NF