• The KillerFrogs

Fun "What If" scenario

Bob Sugar

It will never happen, as there will likely be more chaos. But I was looking at the rankings and wondered if the following happens, the debate for the 3 and 4 spots would be amazing.

- TCU wins out (Undefeated B12 Champ)
- Ohio State wins out (Undefeated Big 10 Champ)
- Clemson or UNC win out (1-loss ACC Champ)
- USC or UCLA wins out (1-loss Pac 12 Champ)
- LSU wins out (2-loss SEC Champ)
- Ole Miss wins out - 1-loss non-champ
- Tennessee wins out - 1-loss non-champ
- Georgia loses SEC title game - 1-loss non-champ
- Michigan - 1-loss non-champ

Would the SEC get left out of the playoff or would LSU jump a team with only one loss?

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

I think ACC blew a tire at ND, they are done given current expectations. I also think Georgia in w loss in CG. Barring much more chaos, I dont see LSU getting in at all if there are 2 0 loss teams, Oregon a 1 loss PAC 12 champ prob in. Time for a 12 team playoff and make the top bowls bid to host every year!

Wexahu

Georgia will jump Clemson in your scenario, especially in a non-blowout loss to LSU.
This. And in the event of a blowout, I think LSU takes a spot above Clemson and the Pac 12 winner.

Would be interesting, but I can't see the SEC getting left out with three 1-loss teams and LSU. That would seem nuts.

Bob Sugar

This. And in the event of a blowout, I think LSU takes a spot above Clemson and the Pac 12 winner.

Would be interesting, but I can't see the SEC getting left out with three 1-loss teams and LSU. That would seem nuts.
LOL. I forgot Tennesse, who also wins out. Editing the OP.

Bob Sugar

My guess is before the Championship weekend it would look like:
1. Georgia
2. OSU
3. TCU
4. Tenn
5. LSU
6. USC/UCLA winner
7. Michigan
8. Ole Miss
9. Clemson

Under my ridiculous hypo in the OP, I'd guess the following post-Championship weekend rankings by the committee.
1. OSU
2. TCU
3. USC/UCLA winner
4. LSU
5. UGA
6. Clemson
7. Tenn
8. Michigan
9. Ole Miss

cctcu

If Ol' Miss wins out and has only 1 loss doesn't that make them SEC champs? Everybody else in the SEC W has at least 2 losses.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
It will never happen, as there will likely be more chaos. But I was looking at the rankings and wondered if the following happens, the debate for the 3 and 4 spots would be amazing.

- TCU wins out (Undefeated B12 Champ)
- Ohio State wins out (Undefeated Big 10 Champ)
- Clemson or UNC win out (1-loss ACC Champ)
- USC or UCLA wins out (1-loss Pac 12 Champ)
- LSU wins out (2-loss SEC Champ)
- Ole Miss wins out - 1-loss non-champ
- Tennessee wins out - 1-loss non-champ
- Georgia loses SEC title game - 1-loss non-champ
- Michigan - 1-loss non-champ

Would the SEC get left out of the playoff or would LSU jump a team with only one loss?

TCU would be left out. Can't have those big brands sitting on the sidelines.