• The KillerFrogs

FS Southwest: Ranking the College Quarterbacks in Texas

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
[SIZE=12pt]FS Southwest: Ranking the College Quarterbacks in Texas[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]
By Steve Hunt/FoxSportsSouthwest.com
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]College football fans here in the Lone Star State are truly blessed to have a solid group of quarterbacks under center. No matter whether it’s TCU’s Andy Dalton, Jerrod Johnson of Texas A&M, Case Keenum of Houston or maybe even newcomer Garrett Gilbert down at Texas, there is no shortage of solid signal callers in the state. Here’s a look at the complete list and how they could rank: ...
[/SIZE]

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
RANKINGS

1) Andy Dalton, TCU: Hard to argue with the success he’s had as the starter in Fort Worth
over the last few years.

2) Jerrod Johnson, A&M: Could this be the year he helps lead the Aggies to Big 12 glory?
Fans in Aggieland certainly hope so.

3) Case Keenum, UH: Coogs came so close last year to C-USA title. With an improved
Keenum, they could accomplish that goal in 2010.

4) Taylor Potts or Steven Sheffield, TECH: No matter who starts under center in Lubbock, under Tuberville, the Red Raiders will have a formidable but more balanced attack.

5) Garrett Gilbert, UT: Hard to argue with poise this kid showed on college football’s
biggest stage. Now, can he do the same for a full season?

6) Kyle Padron, SMU: Solid freshman season for the Mustangs could be a hint of bigger
things to come for this young upstart.

7) Trevor Vittatoe, UTEP: If he can keep his interceptions under control, he could move further up this list as a senior.

8) Robert Griffin, BU: Health remains the biggest question mark but if knee is OK, Griffin could climb this list quickly if he’s like he was in ’08.

9) Nick Fanuzzi, Taylor McHargue or Taylor Cook, Rice: Unsure which of the three head coach David Bailiff will go with but Fanuzzi was solid as Owls’ starter in 2010.

10) Nathan Tune or Derek Thompson, University of North Texas: Mean Green breaking in new man under center with Tune having edge in experience but Thompson is up-and-comer in Denton.

An-Cap Frog

Surprised at Keenum being #3. I liked his grit against their schedule last year, but you can't argue with AD being #1. I just hope at the end of the season he is still #1...

Waccy Frog

Case Keenum should not be number 3. If you go by stats alone, he should be number one. If you want to put Andy no. 1 because of overall success, you won't get any argument from me. But Jerrod Johnson has neither the stats nor the success. Everyone is predicting big things for him, but based on what? Johnson is my pick for the Biggest Bust of the Year, and if that's true, Mike Sherman will be feeling some heat. Everything in Aggieland is riding on an inconsistent and unproven QB.

This is surprisingly accurate. Johnson is the most underrated QB in the country. He is probably #5 in the nation.

Keenum sucks. I stopped counting how many times Air Force picked him off. He is the most pathetic excuse for a QB I have ever seen. If you can't hit a target you have no business at that position.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 7 2010, 08:46 AM) [snapback]608771[/snapback]
Gunner can be a Rice fan with their 6-7 quarterback.

Just read that Sherrod Harris quit to concentrate on academics. That means Texas has ZERO depth at QB. Unless you consider two green freshmen depth. Looks like Case McCoy's decision to go to Texas wasn't as silly as I first thought.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(2314 @ Aug 7 2010, 08:53 AM) [snapback]608775[/snapback]
Just read that Sherrod Harris quit to concentrate on academics. That means Texas has ZERO depth at QB. Unless you consider two green freshmen depth. Looks like Case McCoy's decision to go to Texas wasn't as silly as I first thought.

Yeah, saw that story too. If Gilbert gets hurt, oh my.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Aug 7 2010, 08:54 AM) [snapback]608777[/snapback]
Yeah, saw that story too. If Gilbert gets hurt, oh my.

Don't you mean, "Oh, yes!?" :laugh: