1. The KillerFrogs

Front Porch Talk

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Peacefrog, Mar 30, 2020.

Attached Files:

AroundWorldFrog and FrogAbroad like this.
  2. denton has changed a great deal since i last was through there

Mean Purple and Lumberjack75 like this.
  3. Two questions for today:

What do you miss the most since being forced to stay home?

What is one thing you’ve learned from this and intend to incorporate in your life going forward?

SuperBarrFrog and FrogAbroad like this.
  4. Does sports count for the first question? Definitely sports if it does. Otherwise, I miss seeing all of my family.

I'm going to press to work from home 2-3 days a week if not more. There's no reason I can't do this job from anywhere in the world with an internet and phone connection

5. I miss seeing family and friends the most but I do miss the hell out of sports.

Working from home thing is a good one but I have another. I haven’t watched more than maybe 30 minutes of tv combined since the lockdown. I’ve come to realize I just don’t care about non-sports tv. And I’ve read so many books. I’m not going back to tv.

6. Damn...that's a nice looking car!

7. I miss interacting with other people. Self-isolation is hard for an extrovert.

I've rediscovered my love for cooking. We were doing a terrible job of creating daily menus and my wife isn't much of a cook, so we ate out a lot and made pretty generic meals when we did cook at home. We've really hit a sweet spot with easy, creative recipes. We'll be doing a much better job of weekly meal planning and cooking at home.

Purp, Land Frog, FrogCop19 and 5 others like this.
  8. If I wasn't still able to see half of my family it would be #1 regardless.

Yeah I've barely watched any TV. Outside of Better Call Saul, only watch the occasional movie.

Peacefrog likes this.
  9. Life is better with as little TV as possible, IMO. Last week we turned on our TV for the first time in months. We have a 10 year old TV that has been used probably 20 times in the last 4 years. We cut the cord 3 or 4 years ago and never looked back. We stream sports, if we can find a link or I can bribe a friend to turn over their password, or we listen to games via KTCU or satellite radio.

Peacefrog and FrogAbroad like this.
  10. Great questions, Peace--thanks for thinking them up and posting!

I miss the discipline/routine of getting up and out of the house each morning. I have a flexible work schedule with no real "check in" time, but I enjoy having something to do and being accountable for some degree of productivity. As rather an extreme introvert I could easily lose myself in my home office, spending hours reading/researching on my own.

I report directly to a CEO who has difficulty dealing with some leadership and management issues outside her area of expertise. My skills and experience are valuable, and I'm learning to be more assertive with my contributions, more pro-actively isolating, analyzing and resolving administrative and operational problems that hurt our organization's effectiveness.

stbrab, Horny 4 Life and Peacefrog like this.
  11. Yep and the TV has turned into just so many Bobbleheads who think they should interpret the news for us - total waste of time via Anderson Cooper and a slew of others. Control, Control, Control.

FrogAbroad likes this.
  12. I miss shopping daily and cooking. I used to enjoy getting out of the house and picking fresh ingredients etc. But now we go infrequently, we are scared to be around the dozens of TomThumbians or Walmartites, and we are more worried about disinfectants and paper products than [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty garlic.

I have cooked less during this than before, with a lot of it being the desire to help our favorite restaurants by ordering take out.

stbrab, HG73, RollToad and 2 others like this.
  13. Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus pandemic forcing us to stay at home we should focus on inner peace.

To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives.
    I looked through my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!

14. Anybody here attend

[​IMG]

Peacefrog and WhiteHispanicFrog like this.
  15. I miss hitting the bar patios around town with my friends on the weekend, especially with the beautiful weather we’ve been having lately. I also miss sports but they were really just another excuse to go ha g with friends.

Since being in quarantine I talk to my out of town friends and family much more often. I talk on the phone with my dad like 5 times a week now which is weird but great at the same time.

TCURiggs, Chongo94, Salfrog and 2 others like this.
  16. I’d give anything to talk to my dad again, we used to talk about 5 times a week but he passed away a few years ago. If I were you I’d talk to my dad 7 times a week if I could.

17. Walmart patrons are known as "Walmartians". You're welcome.

18. I miss looking forward to, and having, fun experiences. Simple dinners out for one, but things like an upcoming Elton John concert that will definitely be postponed if not canceled, my daughter's graduation party, which will be postponed, and the darning CWS.

For the last several years I wanted to go but couldn't because I was coaching summer baseball and softball. With my daughter aging out and not playing this year I was going to be able to go and had a hotel reservation. Dammit.

Being in the IT infrastructure world, I've learned that there's a larger population than I thought that are completely clueless about technology - like, how to connect a computer to the internet and get it to work (with instructions, mind you). I'm going to make more efforts to educate people about things we didn't think we needed to explain. And it's said because I was already inclined to do that, just not to the extent I imagined we had to.

Edit: and to tie the questions together, I'm going to make sure I don't put off things that I want to do, because you never know...

Peacefrog and Eight like this.
  19. i thought I’d watch any sport on TV but last night I tuned in to the horse competition. after a few minutes i couldn’t take it and turned it off. anyone make it through?