• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. OU at 6:30 CST on ABC

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
think it can happen if a couple of things happen. first the offense makes ou's defense stop the run game and not just a play, a series, or a quarter.
pound the heck out of the ball and make them tackle evans and miller plus take a few shots in the passing game.

tulane did it to them, so did texas, and the best thing this tcu teams does is run the ball downhill with those backs. don't panic when ou scores, don't get away from your strengths like texas did and this part is very doable.

the challenge is they have to come up with some stops on the defensive end and i will settle for field goals in the red zone. for that to happen the frogs have to play solid run defense which they have yet to do this year, have bethley pull a willis reed, many the linebackers finally awaken who knows, but they don't have to be dominant
A few things have to happen that we have not shown the ability to do so far this year:

1.) The Staff has to be prepared for what OU will throw at us, and also prepared to take advantage of weaknesses in their defense, and put our kids in position to shine against these perceived weaknesses. So far, our Staff has been clueless in this area, with the possible exception of this last Saturday.

2.) We will be facing a True Freshman QB. Yes, he is gifted, and talented, and his farts probably don't stink either. But, a Freshman nonetheless. Normally Linc has a number of hot read packages ready for GMFP, but he is working with an inexperienced kid this time around. Can GMFP and his Staff finagle some pass rush out of our D-Line? Dial up some pressure on the young QB?

3.) Zach looks to have a foot injury. We will not know the severity of it, or his playing status, until game time most likely. Were I GMFP, I'd have the kid hobbling around in a leg cast and crutches all week wincing in obvious pain when he's not on the practice field... "When you are strong, appear weak."

4.) Play with confidence. Play with poise. Do your jobs.

Eight

A few things have to happen that we have not shown the ability to do so far this year:

1.) The Staff has to be prepared for what OU will throw at us, and also prepared to take advantage of weaknesses in their defense, and put our kids in position to shine against these perceived weaknesses. So far, our Staff has been clueless in this area, with the possible exception of this last Saturday.

2.) We will be facing a True Freshman QB. Yes, he is gifted, and talented, and his farts probably don't stink either. But, a Freshman nonetheless. Normally Linc has a number of hot read packages ready for GMFP, but he is working with an inexperienced kid this time around. Can GMFP and his Staff finagle some pass rush out of our D-Line? Dial up some pressure on the young QB?

3.) Zach looks to have a foot injury. We will not know the severity of it, or his playing status, until game time most likely. Were I GMFP, I'd have the kid hobbling around in a leg cast and crutches all week wincing in obvious pain when he's not on the practice field... "When you are strong, appear weak."

4.) Play with confidence. Play with poise. Do your jobs.

best part of the game last week on the offensive side of the ball was the frogs offensive staff had a definite plan to attack tech, to force tech to stop the run, and even when the frogs weren't ahead of the chains they made tech stop them

the offensive staff wasn't clueless on saturday and i don't think that has been the case this year as much as they weren't committed to the idea that the frogs were good enough to force their will on a defense, but that wasn't the case on saturday and i think you use that going into next week

frogs will need to throw the ball effectively at some point, but learn from texas and build off the success in the run game to spring the pass plays

regarding zach, who knows until next saturday, but the one thing the kids has shown is when he has been asked to answer the bell and he doesn't have to carry it 30-35 times. he give the frogs 12-18 touches and miller gives you 15-20 touches you have a good workload from your backs and he doesn't have to carry an lt workload for the frogs to win in norman

defense is the wildcard, but again they don't have to dominate, merely slow down

LVH

Sure would bring back some old memories if we played well on the road with Herbie and Fowler on the call. The more I think about it this is a massive opportunity for this staff/team. Hey Gary, you want people to stop doubting you?…… GO GIVE THEM A scheissING REASON TO ON SATURDAY.

Didn't they call our game in 2019 when we only lost by 4 and got screwed on a 4th down spot in the end?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Didn't they call our game in 2019 when we only lost by 4 and got screwed on a 4th down spot in the end?
I thought I was going to get my ass kicked up there in 2019 when Vernon Scott had that pick 6. Those guys were booing me and telling me to sit down and shut up, it was great.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I don't believe this for one second.
I dont believe it either but even if it is true, [ What the heck? ] would you let ou kno for? Now you give them the opportunity to get ready for whoever else is going to be our QB. This is coming from a coach who's so secretive on every scheissing thing all the time and now you decide to make injuries public, smh.

thefrogking

So the game is going to be on ABC. Well DISH isn’t broadcasting ABC at the moment due to financial negotiations. If they don’t have it figured out by Saturday then I’m going to be looking for someplace to go to watch the game. Any suggestions on where I might go for some good good and some Frog fans to root with during the game.