• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Sooners Hoops

Eight

I am not saying today was a great permonance from behind the arc, but I’m general I would much rather shoot 3’s than some of the shots we take. Every NBA team and most college teams know now, that it is layups or 3’s and nothing else or your at a mathematical disadvantage. I just watch the team this year and think we look behind the curve on what we are doing.

my freshman high school basketball coach would have called that the hunk and hope offense and you don't have to have played at an elite level to understand his inference.

the problem with falling back on the idea of the "mathematical disadvantage of shooting mid-range jumpers" is it only hold water if you can shoot 3's.

jd is shooting 25% from behind the line and roughly 43% from inside the arc in conference play. i also know that when jd does show his mid-range game he is one of the few frogs who looks for samuel who is shooting an even higher percentage.

based upon what is actually happening the mathematical disadvantage happens when a 25% 3-point shooter fires away.

rj shot 3 of 11 from behind the arc yesterday which falls into similar territory, but it gets worse because he did that in 26 minutes of playing time.

this current team faces a number of problem, some a byproduct of the lack of depth, but a good deal on the offensive end are things that people have mentioned from the very beginning of the year.

when this team moves the ball, even with 6 or 7 players they create good things, but when they stand around firing 3's and watching a couple of players dribble things go bad quickly and it has been that way all year.