• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Sooners Hoops

Chongo94

Curious whose fault you think it is that two 30% three point shooters are allowed to put up 19 shots from behind the arc today? Or whose fault it is that we can’t run an inbounds play?

As I said, is that a coaching issue or is it players unwilling to listen to/learn from the coaches, I don’t know...I doubt anyone does.

flyfishingfrog

What I do know is if you aren’t willing to drive for the rim - you need to be able to shoot 40% from 3 or you aren’t adding anything to this team this year

We have a squad full of run around the 3 point line and shoot 30% players already

YA

What I do know is if you aren’t willing to drive for the rim - you need to be able to shoot 40% from 3 or you aren’t adding anything to this team this year

We have a squad full of run around the 3 point line and shoot 30% players already
Solid analysis!! We also have a hard time with zone defenses that make this issue even a greater threat.

y2kFrog

We shot like 34 threes today

I am not saying today was a great permonance from behind the arc, but I’m general I would much rather shoot 3’s than some of the shots we take. Every NBA team and most college teams know now, that it is layups or 3’s and nothing else or your at a mathematical disadvantage. I just watch the team this year and think we look behind the curve on what we are doing.

MadFrog

They asked Miller if he thought TCU shot too many 3s. He said no, that is "who we are". Then Dixon came out and the first thing he said was that we shot way too many 3s. One would think we are not all on the same page.

CountryFrog

I am not saying today was a great permonance from behind the arc, but I’m general I would much rather shoot 3’s than some of the shots we take. Every NBA team and most college teams know now, that it is layups or 3’s and nothing else or your at a mathematical disadvantage. I just watch the team this year and think we look behind the curve on what we are doing.
If it were that simple then everyone would be doing it.

The problem with the team that took the floor today is that there weren't enough scoring threats and the defensive effort/focus wasn't there.

netty2424

They asked Miller if he thought TCU shot too many 3s. He said no, that is "who we are". Then Dixon came out and the first thing he said was that we shot way too many 3s. One would think we are not all on the same page.
Interesting.

It doesn’t seem like he’s too interested in getting the ball down low either. He doesn’t really run anything through Samuel.

Pharm Frog

If that's the what it played out I would contend that both were correct.

CountryFrog

Without Noi on the floor and with Bane struggling to make shots, we were going to need some combination of Robinson/Miller/RJ to make some shots. Davis is playing great but he's not at the point where we can lean on him to dominate a game, so someone else was going to have to step up.

It looked really ugly with all the missed shots but I'm not sure there were a lot of great options with the players available. The most disappointing thing to me was the atrocious defense. Allowing an opponent to come in and shoot 50% on your home floor is really bad.

Billy Clyde

Whoever told RJ to keep shooting 3's, I'd like to kick in the shorts... After his horrible shooting in the first half, I watched him during shootaround prior to the second half... Noi was encouraging him... Warmups substantially below the Mendoza line, against air... Horrifyingly, they continued to feed him, and he kept throwing them up. Klank. Klankety Klank-Klank... My God they must have diddley squat at the 2 guard to keep running this kid out there... My only moment of hope came when he drew his 4th foul with around 5 minutes left, and thought, "Well fouling out will stop him from doing stupid [ Finebaum ]." Then he made a 3, and a layup, and I knew we were escroot.

On a day like today, I don't know why you don't run everything through KD and KS... IDK how Samuel doesn't get 20 shots a game against the twigs OU has down low, but weirdly doesn't seem to look for his, even on the rare occasion they do feed him... IDK how to understand what is going on with this team. Are they already playing for next year???

On the plus side, Showgirls...

Anticipating TLDR.