• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Sooners Hoops

BABYFACE

You’re right. I like Samuel. But he needs to spend the offseason working on speeding up his feet. His defense is terrible when he is pulled out of the paint. He turns his body and too slow to move when they drive straight to the basket.

Have him play tennis this Summer. Sounds crazy but tennis is great for improving footwork. I took tennis as elective in college and competed in tournaments. I also played in a men’s Rec basketball league and I noticed I had developed an explosive first step that I hadn’t had before until after a semester of tennis.

Pharm Frog

Have him play tennis this Summer. Sounds crazy but tennis is great for improving footwork. I took tennis as elective in college and competed in tournaments. I also played in a men’s Rec basketball league and I noticed I had developed an explosive first step that I hadn’t had before until after a semester of tennis.

I had to take tap and jump rope for hours it seemed.

netty2424

Never said saving grace. Along with Noi he’s a big body with potential and could have eaten some minutes during this stretch with a very thin bench.
Fair enough. Maybe he gets a few minutes, but I would bet the farm his contribution is minimal. Lat, when in, pretty much sits on the 3 point line. He wants nothing to do with banging inside.

His perpetual injury situation is confusing. He’s either brittle, or being forced back too early because he can’t seem to string more than a game or two together without further injury.

After a season of play, I don’t even know what his skill set would be for this team. Hopefully he can heal up eventually and contribute. We’re going to need it next year.

Frog Island

This team needs an infusion of new blood. I don't think this is a tourney team, but if they sneak it, it will be one and done like last year. Too many holes on this roster. Love the guys coming in and I hope we get a couple more including some transfers. Especially 4 and 5 with some power. Our post guys are soft.

y2kFrog

Again, quote me where I said “he can’t coach.” Find those words. Don’t come back with some bullship variation, quote those exact words.

This program has work to do, Coach Jamie Dixon included. That’s the point.

Sorry I struck a nerve with you, but what you’re saying and what I posted are not the same thing.

He needs a serious basketball analytics lesson. We shoot way too many mid range shots and we lose the inbound play stats by about 10 points a game.

Chongo94

I think ARob is, this year, in comparison to last year, a victim of trying to do too much. Maybe he actually has to or maybe he feels like he has to. Either way it has hindered his play and the team’s play this year.

But it’s not his fault some of our players think they’re able to shoot threes like Mark Price on NBA Live ‘96. (And I don’t care if I just dated myself, that game was awesome)

It’s also not completely his fault that certain issues from shot selection to inbound plays to inbound play defense to numerous other things continue to be a problem. Is that coaching or are the players unable or unwilling to listen? Lots of questions remain to be answered.

Francis Xav

I will say, its hard to win no matter what with the depth we have. Archie would be playing ALOT right now.. wish I knew all the internals but I bet we add alot of new faces next year. Arobs attitude is different

netty2424

Read fairly you said he has “a long way to go” coaching and managing a team. He’s been in his profession almost sixteen years as a head coach.

I mean when I asked you to “go on” I was hoping you would outline what in your view are his deficiencies. We already have people inviting each other to “ munch choads” so I’m not trying to get into a huge argument I’m just interested in knowing specifically how you would improve on Dixon’s abilities, especially given the circumstance of this season.

You are not an unreasonable person. I thought you might rethink your position. TCU in my view did not hire someone ill epuipped for the job or who has a long way to go to learn his craft. But I could be wrong. It would not be the first time.
I won’t be offering my chaod to you or anyone else for that matter. Lol.

I do think he has a long way to go, and I feel this league is supporting that statement.

Look, I like Dixon, a lot. I think he’s great for this program and I’m glad he’s here. I think his upside far outweighs the downside, and I think he’s going to give us a lot of W’s.

But that doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything he does. And yes, I’m just a dude on the internet offering an opinion, right or wrong.

Are we headed in the right direction? NIT then Tourney bid would say yes. Are we taking a step back to NIT this year? Does .500 or less in conference play for 3 years meet or exceed his goals? Or does it fall short of his goals?

PO Frog

I think ARob is, this year, in comparison to last year, a victim of trying to do too much. Maybe he actually has to or maybe he feels like he has to. Either way it has hindered his play and the team’s play this year.

But it’s not his fault some of our players think they’re able to shoot threes like Mark Price on NBA Live ‘96. (And I don’t care if I just dated myself, that game was awesome)

It’s also not completely his fault that certain issues from shot selection to inbound plays to inbound play defense to numerous other things continue to be a problem. Is that coaching or are the players unable or unwilling to listen? Lots of questions remain to be answered.

Curious whose fault you think it is that two 30% three point shooters are allowed to put up 19 shots from behind the arc today? Or whose fault it is that we can’t run an inbounds play?