• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v OSU - ESPN+

bp4tcu

giphy.gif

TRF51

Can RJ jump high enough to dunk? Serious question

I think he is to interested in looking cool and hanging in the air because he thinks he is MJ. I think he is one of our more talented players but it is frustrating to watch. I like his aggressive nature, wish it rubbed off on Bane.

Pharm Frog

Because it’s not goaltending to slap the backboard. On any level of basketball.

I think this is true but never understood why someone doesn't just jack with the backboard up every time a ball is shot. Hard enough to put it through a stationary hoop much less one that is in motion

TRF51

What is our offensive philosophy? I thought we were going to be a 3 and D team but we don’t do either very well. We just lost to the last ranked team in our conference who was without some of their best players by 15. We have one close loss at home, the others have been beatings. Why are we so bad? How does Kevin dominate and then turn around and do what he did today? Why dont we get him the ball? Why is Bane so easy to shut down, happens ALL the time?

CountryFrog

The people who equate not wanting to fire Dixon with thinking that he's perfect and nothing is wrong are highly annoying.

It is possible to accept that the program isn't perfect and the coach has made some mistakes yet not want to fire the guy. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many better 3 year stretches in TCU basketball history than Dixon's first 3 years.

CountryFrog

What is our offensive philosophy? I thought we were going to be a 3 and D team but we don’t do either very well. We just lost to the last ranked team in our conference who was without some of their best players by 15. We have one close loss at home, the others have been beatings. Why are we so bad? How does Kevin dominate and then turn around and do what he did today? Why dont we get him the ball? Why is Bane so easy to shut down, happens ALL the time?
We did also win 4 games amidst all the beatings you spoke of.

The fact is we only have one guy who is a consistent scoring threat and all of our opponents know it. Which means if other guys aren't making some 3s then we become very easy to defend. I don't know what offensive philosophy can overcome that in a sport that's all about making shots.

Now if you want to blame the coach for this year's roster being highly flawed then that seems like a better argument to make.

Eight

wow, frogs were a combined -82 on the + /- chart after this game.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=277205

that surpasses the offensive train wreck in morgantown last year.

score on less than half of their offensive possessions and turn the ball over on 27% that adds up to a really ugly loss and now they get kansas at home on friday and then the rematch with tech in lubbock on monday night.

4-5 at the half way point of conference play is solid regardless how they got here with 4 games that project to be "winnable" out of the last 9.

that will depend upon the frogs taking better care of the basketball and they have to find away to get desmond free for sooner in the games and samuel has to get 10-12 shots a game

MTfrog5

We did also win 4 games amidst all the beatings you spoke of.

The fact is we only have one guy who is a consistent scoring threat and all of our opponents know it. Which means if other guys aren't making some 3s then we become very easy to defend. I don't know what offensive philosophy can overcome that in a sport that's all about making shots.

Now if you want to blame the coach for this year's roster being highly flawed then that seems like a better argument to make.
Coach K would win a national championship with this roster is the assumption I get because Dixon tells his team not to make shots or rotate on defense.

CountryFrog

Man I’m almost glad I don’t get ESPN+ after reading this thread. Sounds like a brutal game to watch.
From a pure entertainment aspect, most of our games are pretty tough to watch regardless of the final outcome.

Then again, that's college basketball in general for the most part.

Pharm Frog

The people who equate not wanting to fire Dixon with thinking that he's perfect and nothing is wrong are highly annoying.

It is possible to accept that the program isn't perfect and the coach has made some mistakes yet not want to fire the guy. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many better 3 year stretches in TCU basketball history than Dixon's first 3 years.

I tend to agree. There was about a 2 minute stretch in the second half where you could see CJD dramatically telling the players to move, move, move on offense and yet they just kind of milled around while a guard dribbled a ball up top. Either the "will" is not there with some of these players or they just don't have basketball savvy. I tend to think of it as the latter. I just don't see a savvy basketball player on the court for us and definitely not one that appears to be a leader. I admit that I didn't see a whole lot of CJD's games at Pitt but I did generally thought of them as hard-nosed physical teams...could easily be wrong on this though. I just wonder if we have a fit with the style CJD wants to play.