• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v KU Game Thread - ESPN2

CountryFrog

I concede that. I exaggerated my point for emphasis. It would take a lot for Okie light to pass us. Then again i didn't think okie light would beat us by double digits in a game that wasn't as close as the final score.

I will rephrase.....i don't see a whole lot of difference between finishing last in the conference with other coaches vs. 7, 8 or 9th with Dixon. Is that what we hired Dixon, and paid him top $$$ for? None of us expected to be conference champs year after year...but i believe expectations with his hire is we would be in the top half of the conference. And i never saw any of his pitt teams looks this sloppy and unprepared

Hope he turns it around. I'm having a real hard time seeing how he will based on what I've seen to date.
Yes you were greatly exaggerating.

What will happen in the future - you have absolutely no idea and neither do I. I'm not going to proactively blame Dixon for future failures that have yet to take place.

Genbukan

Yes you were greatly exaggerating.

What will happen in the future - you have absolutely no idea and neither do I. I'm not going to proactively blame Dixon for future failures that have yet to take place.

LOL. GIve him a pass for the present but don't stick your neck out for the future. I like the way you think....be fun to grab a beer with!

If you see a team and program trajectory you are comfortable with good for you. On a positive note I imagine you will have a much better selection of season ticket locations next year. There's always a silver lining.

CountryFrog

LOL. GIve him a pass for the present but don't stick your neck out for the future. I like the way you think....be fun to grab a beer with!

If you see a team and program trajectory you are comfortable with good for you. On a positive note I imagine you will have a much better selection of season ticket locations next year. There's always a silver lining.
I don't even know what you're arguing at this point. But yes I'd love to get a beer with you or anyone else on here at any time.

Eight

there is young talent in the program, there is a quality transfer sitting out this year who will help in the front court, not sure what o'bannon brings to the table, and hopefully the frogs can find legit 4 (be it a recruit or someone who transfers in) before next season.

not as concerned about the program being in a downward trajectory as a little concerned we are stuck in a bad loop right now in offensive systems, but i am wiling to let some maturity in the young players

i will be concerned if we not only see samuel go pro in the off season but say fuller and farabello transfers out.

netty2424

there is young talent in the program, there is a quality transfer sitting out this year who will help in the front court, not sure what o'bannon brings to the table, and hopefully the frogs can find legit 4 (be it a recruit or someone who transfers in) before next season.

not as concerned about the program being in a downward trajectory as a little concerned we are stuck in a bad loop right now in offensive systems, but i am wiling to let some maturity in the young players

i will be concerned if we not only see samuel go pro in the off season but say fuller and farabello transfers out.
Can’t see KS seeing himself as prepared to go to the nba after playing against Udoka yesterday. That should be a pretty good measuring stick for him at this point.

Glad he chose TCU, but he has lots of work left to do if he’s going to play at the next level imo.

Wexahu

Can’t see KS seeing himself as prepared to go to the nba after playing against Udoka yesterday. That should be a pretty good measuring stick for him at this point.

Glad he chose TCU, but he has lots of work left to do if he’s going to play at the next level imo.

Overseas. Lots of other professional basketball options out there besides the NBA. I doubt he’ll make the NBA whether he stays or goes, just depends on how far along he is towards a degree and if that even matters to him.

netty2424

Overseas. Lots of other professional basketball options out there besides the NBA. I doubt he’ll make the NBA whether he stays or goes, just depends on how far along he is towards a degree and if that even matters to him.
I agree, I’m just basing it on what these kids think. I don’t imagine he’s seeing anything but nba as the end goal at this point.

Eight

I agree, I’m just basing it on what these kids think. I don’t imagine he’s seeing anything but nba as the end goal at this point.

the route to the nba isn't always a straight line from college to the nba.

a number have gone overseas, got paid, got experience, and come back to the nba.

Moose Stuff

Kevin Samuel strikes me as not only not ready for the NBA now but very likely not EVER ready for the NBA. He’s a pretty average college basketball player right now. He’s tall and a solid rebounder, that’s about it.

netty2424

the route to the nba isn't always a straight line from college to the nba.

a number have gone overseas, got paid, got experience, and come back to the nba.
Well aware. As mentioned, speaking from the mind of these kids who don’t always see it that way.

The point was more so about how not ready he is to leave TCU based on how he was absolutely handled by a guy who will be going straight to the nba.

netty2424

Kevin Samuel strikes me as not only not ready for the NBA now but very likely not EVER ready for the NBA. He’s a pretty average college basketball player right now. He’s tall and a solid rebounder, that’s about it.
Unless something drastically changes, no way he’s headed to the nba, regardless of the various paths mentioned by Wex and eight.