• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Austin-Peay Governors

LVH

We still can't shoot. Unless we can physically manhandle teams like we have for all our home games so far against bad competition, its going to be tough to get anything going

CountryFrog

We still can't shoot. Unless we can physically manhandle teams like we have for all our home games so far against bad competition, its going to be tough to get anything going
Unfortunately this is where I'm at with this team too. The only game where we didn't have a massive rebounding advantage we got blown out. I'm not feeling good at all about being able to physically dominate many Big 12 teams.

Stat of the game for me is 22 offensive rebounds. We may not be the best shooting team, but we got a ton of second chance points tonight thanks to crashing the offensive glass.

Eddie was max effort tonight and was having a great time. Student got the “Eddie, Eddie” chant going. 12 points and 12 boards for his first career double double.

Frogs face Oral Roberts on Thursday. ORU lost to Ok St by one in overtime and just beat Tulsa. Be a good game to go to and help give us some home court edge.

Rose Bowl

First time seeing the team live and can’t get past the thought that we can’t shoot very well. There were several times we had good open shots and we missed them. Eddie was fantastic and his energy was contagious.

I thought that the defense was strong and the rebounding excellent. Seems like the rotations were good and we closed out well on the three ball.

I do wonder if Jamie will continue to play 10+ players every game or will shorten the rotation. I’m wondering if won’t go with the hot hands and go to maybe a 8-9 man rotation.

Shooting concerns are real, although I think a lot of that has to do with Miles being so inefficient so far. He at least has a track record of being more efficient so there is some expectation he can turn it around, especially from 3. Baugh has struggled from three, which is a concern. He was only a .278 3 pt shooter at Memphis. He’s a great defender and can penetrate and takes the pressure of Miles in terms of ball handling. But if he finds his 3 point shot that would be huge. Farabello has a nice 3 pt shot but not nearly the defender Baugh is. Wells hit a couple early then missed a few. So far team is .281 from 3 on the season. Have to get that up at least into .333 range.