• The KillerFrogs

Frogs pursuing the NFL.....

Wexahu

Here's the sad thing for TCU football:

Our best players - all on defense got All Star game and combine snubs: We should all be questioning why Travin Howard, Ranthony Texada, Nick Orr and Matt Boreson - and maybe John Diarse at a min didn't get either a All Star game invite or combine invite. TCU has had less productive players go in the past. Every last one of these guys are deserving. I wonder if recruits knew you could come to TCU, make 1st Team All Big 12, get All American mentions and could not get to an All Star game or combine invite as a reward. And even your fans buy into the hype that you are not worthy after having one of the top defense in the country. What's really sad is an offense that likely cost us a chance at the Big 12 is getting all the opportunities, while we act as if these defensive guys played no role in the Frogs success. Howard was All time leading tackler, Texada shut down one half of the field - the very reason why those DE were so good, when we didn't have Orr against OU for a half, we got destroyed and Boreson made several all American teams. All of these guys have NFL potential. It's probably not TCU's fault, but I doubt if you had these same type of players with the same level of production at a Texas or OU or any SEC or Big 12 school, they would be on the sideline looking while lesser talented players are getting NFL opportunities.

The NFL drafts on measurables more than production and college accolades. I’m a little surprised Texada isn’t getting invited to these things even though he’s small, but the other guys just aren’t big and fast enough to be considered legit prospects. The NFL will take a 6’3 235 lb LB who made 3rd team all conference over a 6’1 215 lb linebacker who made AA teams and broke tackle records in college every time.

LexiMax

Here's the sad thing for TCU football:

Our best players - all on defense got All Star game and combine snubs: We should all be questioning why Travin Howard, Ranthony Texada, Nick Orr and Matt Boreson - and maybe John Diarse at a min didn't get either a All Star game invite or combine invite. TCU has had less productive players go in the past. Every last one of these guys are deserving. I wonder if recruits knew you could come to TCU, make 1st Team All Big 12, get better All American mentions and could not get to an All Star game or combine invite as a reward. And even your fans buy into the hype that you are not worthy after having one of the top defense in the country. What's really sad is an offense that likely cost us a chance at the Big 12 is getting all the opportunities, while we act as if these defensive guys played no role in the Frogs success. Howard was All time leading tackler, Texada shut down one half of the field - the very reason why those DE were so good, when we didn't have Orr against OU for a half, we got destroyed and Boreson made several all American teams. All of these guys have NFL potential. It's probably not TCU's fault, but I doubt if you had these same type of players with the same level of production at a Texas or OU or any SEC or Big 12 school, they would be on the sideline looking while lesser talented players are getting NFL opportunities.
I don’t disagree with you but now it is about individual talent now.

LexiMax

Think about it. Bosen had one game with 5 sacks. Take that out and he had a ok season. I love Matt. Met him a couple of times and he was great to my son. Like one post before it is a numbers and size game now. Not All whatever teams. Hicks looks just like Lewis on the Patriots.

Sockem

Yep, individual talent and opportunity. I agree on Bosen. I'm just saying, that defense was good and these guys deserved an opportunity. I say Texada definitely - speed and lockdown, could definitely play slot corner and Diarse looks strong enough in the right system. Travin did something right, but don't seem to translate into a linebacker

Think about it. Bosen had one game with 5 sacks. Take that out and he had a ok season. I love Matt. Met him a couple of times and he was great to my son. Like one post before it is a numbers and size game now. Not All whatever teams. Hicks looks just like Lewis on the Patriots.

LexiMax

I believe Diarse will end up somewhere. Tex is way too small. The guy who will do very well is Noteboom. Some mocks have him going in the 2nd round. Big, fast, strong, gigantic wingspan. Great frame to build on.

LexiMax

I believe Diarse will end up somewhere. Tex is way too small. The guy who will do very well is Noteboom. Some mocks have him going in the 2nd round. Big, fast, strong, gigantic wingspan. Great frame to build on.
Plus, the rumor is he has been contacted by some teams already. Looking forward to watching him in Senior Bowl.

Sockem

What Tex lacks in size, he has in speed, speed playing on an island for 4 years will translate. When you have locked up the very best in the Big 12 consistently like he did, he will find his way. Noteboom will get drafted early I think Diarse will make it. Tex have time to train and get his body right before his PRO Day. If he runs 4.4, 4.3, I believe he will get drafted. Speed is a game changer and noone this year or the last two years ran by him. His film is too good not to. Diarse I think just needs to get an opportunity - he is strong - I think Howard is being overlooked, surely he can play safety if he gets his speed up a little. Boreson is the wildcard. I think he will get a chance and may surprise people

LexiMax

Plus, the rumor is he has been contacted by some teams already. Looking forward to watching him in Senior Bowl.

Moose Stuff

RT isn’t way too small. He’s basically the exact same size JV was when he left TCU.

Sockem

I don’t know...maybe, but JV was built and appears (appeared) way more muscular - and willing to bet way stronger

Moose, you are correct. JV left his last game around 172 and showed up at the combine 187. It kills me when we have guys who produce on a P5 level to the point where you make All American teams and All Conf teams because of your ability to rise and compete and then our own fan base doubts your ability to play on the next level. These guys don't eat good- always practice, run a lot - that's why you go to training after your last game of eligibility and train - you eat, you left weights. Let's see, he shutdown James Washington, Courtland Sutton, Bryon Pringle, Allen Lassaryd on an island - he was so good, you hardly heard his name mention and then we question his ability to play the next level. Same with Boesen - that guy did have a great game against Baylor, I agree, but he is big enough for the NFL and he was good enough to for next level Bowls and combines - he will train and get his weight up. Nothing is final on height and weight until you step on that scale at PRO Day or combine Ranthony Texada and Matt Boesen are good enough for an NFL combine. In fact all of the names I mention - Orr, Diarse - although I'm not sure Diarse production is there, Howard is small for a linebacker, but dang, was he not good enough to get 1 of 3 Bowl invites. Our fan base need to rally behind these kids who came to TCU and excelled - and stop doubting every little thing. So Kenny Hill and two O-line are the only worthy candidates of Bowl invitations - I think the defense played P5 comp and was elite.

LexiMax

Moose, you are correct. JV left his last game around 172 and showed up at the combine 187. It kills me when we have guys who produce on a P5 level to the point where you make All American teams and All Conf teams because of your ability to rise and compete and then our own fan base doubts your ability to play on the next level. These guys don't eat good- always practice, run a lot - that's why you go to training after your last game of eligibility and train - you eat, you left weights. Let's see, he shutdown James Washington, Courtland Sutton, Bryon Pringle, Allen Lassaryd on an island - he was so good, you hardly heard his name mention and then we question his ability to play the next level. Same with Boesen - that guy did have a great game against Baylor, I agree, but he is big enough for the NFL and he was good enough to for next level Bowls and combines - he will train and get his weight up. Nothing is final on height and weight until you step on that scale at PRO Day or combine Ranthony Texada and Matt Boesen are good enough for an NFL combine. In fact all of the names I mention - Orr, Diarse - although I'm not sure Diarse production is there, Howard is small for a linebacker, but dang, was he not good enough to get 1 of 3 Bowl invites. Our fan base need to rally behind these kids who came to TCU and excelled - and stop doubting every little thing. So Kenny Hill and two O-line are the only worthy candidates of Bowl invitations - I think the defense played P5 comp and was elite.
Maybe you should apply to be a GM of a NFL team.

Sockem

No way Tex makes a team. Got torched by big wideouts all year. Too small.

And got rewarded with 1st Team All Big 12 coaches and AP - and SB Nation All American. So we are all dumb and you are the expert that saw something totally different from the coaches who had to game play against him. So maybe you should be the GM and lead us in the right direction.