• The KillerFrogs

Frogs' New Stadium

Looking at the site for the first time over the last couple of weeks, I see TCU is building a new stadium. I know one side of the stadium has just been demolished, so I take it the other half will survive, facing the new half. What is the overall plan? Capacity? New press box, suites, concessions? Also, do Frog fans pay seat fees?

HFrog1999

Looking at the site for the first time over the last couple of weeks, I see TCU is building a new stadium. I know one side of the stadium has just been demolished, so I take it the other half will survive, facing the new half. What is the overall plan? Capacity? New press box, suites, concessions? Also, do Frog fans pay seat fees?

Here's a website that can answer most of your questions.

http://www.stadium.tcu.edu/

It'll be done in 2 phases. The West Side will be completed by 2012. Initial capacity will be 40K, but we can expand quickly if needed. The seat fees haven't been announced yet. In the past, 99% of us haven't had to pay this but we may in the future. It'll have new press boxes, suites, club seating etc etc.

Big Frog II

The eastside will be done once the west and north sides are completed. Money for the east side (an additional $35-40 mil)is close to being all raised. Nothing like Fiesta and Rose Bowl invites for people to donate money

joejordan

You can see a picture of a couple of them pushing the plunger next to Coach P., igniting the initial detonation. Old men high-fiving.

ACroofrog

Any word on whether the invite to the Big East will lead to us going ahead and going to 50k capacity right away or are we still going to wait it out and see?

SnoSki

That and the thousands of Wisconsin fans donating $100 at a time to Frog Club :biggrin:

They need to sign up all people with Wisconsin addresses for daily Skiff mailings and quarterly alum magazines without an option to unsubscribe for at least 5 years. That'll slow em down, or convert em!

Someone asked why Minnesota built a new stadium. For about 20 years the Gophers played in the Humphrey Dome along with the local pro football and baseball teams. I have never been there, but generally despise domes and hated how it looked on TV. But it was worse for Minny football because it is across the Mississippi River from campus, totally disconnected. They have been trying to build an on campus stadium for years and finally got it done in 2009. Its about 45,000 with suites and a nice club area and all, in the current style, similar to the new TCU setup as shown in pix. Are the Frogs going to play elsewhere during construction or somehow deal with the reduced seating while one side and then the other is rebuilt?

Big Frog II

Someone asked why Minnesota built a new stadium. For about 20 years the Gophers played in the Humphrey Dome along with the local pro football and baseball teams. I have never been there, but generally despise domes and hated how it looked on TV. But it was worse for Minny football because it is across the Mississippi River from campus, totally disconnected. They have been trying to build an on campus stadium for years and finally got it done in 2009. Its about 45,000 with suites and a nice club area and all, in the current style, similar to the new TCU setup as shown in pix. Are the Frogs going to play elsewhere during construction or somehow deal with the reduced seating while one side and then the other is rebuilt?
No, we will play at TCU during construction. We will only have 33,000 seats next year so it should be interesting.

An-Cap Frog

You did not get my joke...it's okay nobody does...

You said that success was expensive and then I asked why then did Gophers build a new stadium...unless it was a cheap stadium to build...