• The KillerFrogs

Frogs in the People's Republic of Austin, Game 2...

FrogBall09

You’re awful. As a post
What exactly would have been worse at that point than the #9 spot hitting his second HR on the game against Bolden when he had been dominating the Horns but was borderline to start the 9th due to pitch count?

Sorry - you don’t understand baseball if you don’t get my comment

Walk, base hit, hbp, double in the corner - anything else would have allowed Loos to go get him for River and still be up 3

CountryFrog

What exactly would have been worse at that point than the #9 spot hitting his second HR on the game against Bolden when he had been dominating the Horns but was borderline to start the 9th due to pitch count?

Sorry - you don’t understand baseball if you don’t get my comment

Walk, base hit, hbp, double in the corner - anything else would have allowed Loos to go get him for River and still be up 3
Losing would've been worse.

tcudoc

An outbreak of dysentery?
Getting hit be a speeding dump truck?
A line drive directly to the plums?
A heart attack?
Winning the lottery and dying the next day?
Those are just a few off the top of my head.

FrogBall09

Ditto, trouble with the curve. All his swings are front side flying open, to pull.
Was talking about his swing with one of my former teammates that was great going both ways based on what the pitch gave him - and he said he sees a lot of freshman that use the real end weighted bats like the Goods have too much front side pull because the bat swings them a little bit - he was thinking going to a more balanced bat to gain some control would help but Bishop might lose some power with it

Seems like Eli is the only starter we have that swings a more balanced bat if I recall

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Was talking about his swing with one of my former teammates that was great going both ways based on what the pitch gave him - and he said he sees a lot of freshman that use the real end weighted bats like the Goods have too much front side pull because the bat swings them a little bit - he was thinking going to a more balanced bat to gain some control would help but Bishop might lose some power with it

Seems like Eli is the only starter we have that swings a more balanced bat if I recall
You play like you practice. Good point.

FrogBall09

I mean, isn't that kind of the point? Having a stupid reaction over an essentially meaningless play.
Well since Loos obviously sent him out to see how he handled the first batter - not sure how it was meaningless at all

Particularly when it allowed the tying run to come to the plate in the form the #3 overall hitter in the country after only 1 free pass because it cut the lead to 2

FrogBall09

You may wish to get a second opinion…
well I get all I need on here anytime I try to have an actual baseball discussion..... I should have learned by lesson by now since only "we suck and the world is ending" vs "everything will be fine and we are Omaha ready" are the only two acceptable positions.

FrogBall09

its 1-0 TCU mid 2 if any one cares today.

We got our 1 on a double to RC by Byrnes but then had our new tradition of 2 strike outs with 2 on and 1 out to end the inning before getting anymore.

walker looks solid so far - only needed 7 pitches in the 1st.

LisaLT

well I get all I need on here anytime I try to have an actual baseball discussion..... I should have learned by lesson by now since only "we suck and the world is ending" vs "everything will be fine and we are Omaha ready" are the only two acceptable positions.
I have a question. What professional teams do you follow? Me and Quilter are Yankees fans. Oh and PurpleFrawg