• The KillerFrogs

Frogs becoming a Jordan school?

Dogfrog

I was told Donati and a contingent of Athletic Dept folks and coaches flew to Chicago this morning all decked out in purple gear. No idea why.

Chieves

I seem to recall that there was a Nike exec who, if they didn't go to TCU, at least really loved the school. I feel like we got an undue amount of love from them with alternate unis over the years. The 2015 Alamo Bowl versus Oregon already LOOKED phenomenal between the painted endzones and general aesthetic... to obviously say nothing of the game itself.

It'd be sad to see that relationship fold, but on the other hand business is business, and Jordan is HOT right now.

Eight

I seem to recall that there was a Nike exec who, if they didn't go to TCU, at least really loved the school. I feel like we got an undue amount of love from them with alternate unis over the years. The 2015 Alamo Bowl versus Oregon already LOOKED phenomenal between the painted endzones and general aesthetic... to obviously say nothing of the game itself.

It'd be sad to see that relationship fold, but on the other hand business is business, and Jordan is HOT right now.

tcu alum elliott hill is who you are most likely thinking about and the jordan brand is a part of nike

Jordan is a brand within Nike which is headquartered in Oregon, so I don’t understand the connection of Jordan Brand with a Donati trip to Chicago, or Jordan Brand to the Big Ten. This thread appears confused and confusing.

Last edited:
Note that Warren was responding to Gumbel’s questions and said he “could” see paying players and expanding to 20. He wants to be part of this conversation. Brett McMurphy’s tweet is misleading. Angelique Chengelis is with The Detroit News newspaper.