• The KillerFrogs

Frogs -10 vs Tech

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
People have legitimate fears. The bi=polar nature of our offense was on display in Waco, as we looked pretty danged good in the 1st half, then decided to go full Derp in the 2nd.

While the offense still has some work to do on consistency, the defense played a pretty danged good game up until the offense flailed and left them on the field for a lot of the 2nd half. If the Tech coaches are smart, they will design their game plan to run our kids ragged and feast on the backups, for we have what seems like a big drop off between the starters and the second string.

FrogAbroad

I don't like it. Gonna be hard to pull off a win Sat.
Statistically we should be -5.5 against Tceh. But their quick-strike offense against our secondary (which has shown some terrible lapses in a couple of games) concerns me, and I'm not at all sure if our offense is the kind that can/will challenge their questionable defense. If the game becomes a track meet I don't like our chances.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Texas Tech almost lost to HOUSTON BAPTIST
Yes, yes they did.

I would think that a deep perusal of the game tape of that, and the UT match would show that Tech can't defend the pass, especially the deep pass, worth a flip. Their defensive line is weak. Whether we can capitalize on this is anybody's guess, but the opportunities are there if The Derp Brothers are smart. They haven't really shown much evidence of that so far, but, blind pigs, acorns, etc...

Eight

Yes, yes they did.

I would think that a deep perusal of the game tape of that, and the UT match would show that Tech can't defend the pass, especially the deep pass, worth a flip. Their defensive line is weak. Whether we can capitalize on this is anybody's guess, but the opportunities are there if The Derp Brothers are smart. They haven't really shown much evidence of that so far, but, blind pigs, acorns, etc...

so we focus on the screen game and flysweeps?

Pharm Frog

Yes, yes they did.

So the Tech D-Line is weak and the Frog O-Line is the Frog O-Line....should be a heckuva afternoon. I hope we tell our fat girlfriends to find someplace other than ACS next Saturday.

SuperTFrog

If by “rolled” you mean had fewer rushing and passing yards and won by 7 on a pick 6 by our backup qb, then yeah, they rolled us.
They played their back up QB the ENTIRE game. We scored a late TD against a prevent defense to make it look close. Being there in person, that game didn’t feel close at all.

I hope I’m wrong. If we get the win against TTU to go with our BU and UT wins, I would feel pretty good about the season in a down year.

The point I was trying to make was that lines haven’t meant that much for the Frogs this year. When I saw the big line against KSU I started getting excited thinking we might get the win.

Last edited: