• The KillerFrogs

Frogs -10 vs Tech

CountryFrog

Yes, but in the whole conference arena, we're 4-4 against TTU in Big12....Loses 2012 (OT), 2013, 2016 (OT), 2018....
I know you feel like your job here is to always accentuate the negative but absolutely nothing you're presenting in any way shows that Tech "has our number."

If I go far enough back then I can come up with numbers to show that Texas actually has our number more than anyone else but saying that right now would sound moronic given what has happened most recently.

Froginbedford

And I believe we're 4-2 in the last 6 games vs Tech.

Now Oklahoma - That is a team that has our number. And Matt Campbell seems to have our number too.

And Oklahoma State....5-3 against the Frogs...2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019....And 2015 49-29 blowout was against an undefeated TCU....

Froginbedford

I know you feel like your job here is to always accentuate the negative but absolutely nothing you're presenting in any way shows that Tech "has our number."

If I go far enough back then I can come up with numbers to show that Texas actually has our number more than anyone else but saying that right now would sound moronic given what has happened most recently.

You can also add the moronic statement that A&M has our number, since we haven't beaten the Aggies in football since 1972 and through the remaining SWC years to the 2001 furniture bowl....

All right then, those 5 games in which Tech scored more points than we did are non-wins and like the Aggies, we never lost those games, we just ran out of time....

And no, it's not my job to be negative....But in today's society where claims may not be backed up with supporting details, I think it's necessary to point that out....

CountryFrog

You can also add the moronic statement that A&M has our number, since we haven't beaten the Aggies in football since 1972 and through the remaining SWC years to the 2001 furniture bowl....

All right then, those 5 games in which Tech scored more points than we did are non-wins and like the Aggies, we never lost those games, we just ran out of time....

And no, it's not my job to be negative....But in today's society where claims may not be backed up with supporting details, I think it's necessary to point that out....
Only problem is all the details you keep giving are actually supporting my conclusion. You just keep adding in all these different semantics to try and turn it around.

HG73

Can we change our number?

What Froginbedford is trying to say is that of all the Big XII teams in Texas, TCU has the best record amonst them since TCU joined the conference.

Records (against the other three)

TCU: 17-9
UT: 15-12
Baylol: 12-14
Tech: 8-17

SuperTFrog

Well, TTU has a better performance against TCU than Baylor and UT....Could say Red Raiders have the number better than Bears or Horns....
We have had better performance in the last ten games against OU (1-9) than KU has (0-10). Could say we have OU’s number better than the Jayhawks do...

Our number 867-5309 must change!

My point was we need to play well to beat Tech. If we play well we should win. If we only play one half of football Tech could beat us easily.

TechAdvisor

It's difficult to know what to think about this Tech team. I know for sure they're not as good as Iowa State or Oklahoma, I know for sure they're better than West Virginia.

I think if Tech played Texas and Kansas State 10 times, they would go 10-10. Those games were really close and everything just went against Tech.

I still don't think Tech has played their best game this season as they're dealing with a ton of injuries. While the numbers still don't look great, the defense isn't "typical Tech bad". The secondary is still getting lost in coverage but the LB crop and DL has been improved.

The offense is being hampered a little bit by new tackles, all the injuries at WR and obviously Bowman's injuries and switching to Colombi at QB.

Tech fans have been frustrated with the offensive playcalling. As the early scripted plays have worked really well and then it just stalls later in the 1st and 2nd quarters. For whatever reason, Tech just refuses to go downfield and tries way too many slow developing run plays, screens and draws.

If Tech can get Vasher, Carter, Rigdon, Merriwhether, Thompson and White all back healthy, I think they have a chance to keep this game close. If not, I think TCU wins with Duggans legs. He killed Tech last year scrambling when Tech had the play shut down.

Oh well, at least it's college football and not election coverage for one afternoon!

CountryFrog

I've been hearing from Tech fans pretty much every week since the Crabtree catch something along the lines of "we still haven't played our best football this season because of..."

SuperTFrog

It's difficult to know what to think about this Tech team. I know for sure they're not as good as Iowa State or Oklahoma, I know for sure they're better than West Virginia.

I think if Tech played Texas and Kansas State 10 times, they would go 10-10. Those games were really close and everything just went against Tech.

I still don't think Tech has played their best game this season as they're dealing with a ton of injuries. While the numbers still don't look great, the defense isn't "typical Tech bad". The secondary is still getting lost in coverage but the LB crop and DL has been improved.

The offense is being hampered a little bit by new tackles, all the injuries at WR and obviously Bowman's injuries and switching to Colombi at QB.

Tech fans have been frustrated with the offensive playcalling. As the early scripted plays have worked really well and then it just stalls later in the 1st and 2nd quarters. For whatever reason, Tech just refuses to go downfield and tries way too many slow developing run plays, screens and draws.

If Tech can get Vasher, Carter, Rigdon, Merriwhether, Thompson and White all back healthy, I think they have a chance to keep this game close. If not, I think TCU wins with Duggans legs. He killed Tech last year scrambling when Tech had the play shut down.

Oh well, at least it's college football and not election coverage for one afternoon!
I think if Tech played WVU 10 times they would lose 7 of those.

Chongo94

Is Bowman still injured or has Columbi(sic?) actually beaten him out somehow? Thought it was odd he didn’t play last week as he looked healthy enough.

Of course, a gust of wind could injure that guy.

TechAdvisor

Is Bowman still injured or has Columbi(sic?) actually beaten him out somehow? Thought it was odd he didn’t play last week as he looked healthy enough.

Of course, a gust of wind could injure that guy.

He's "healthy"(which is relative when dealing with Bowman). He's just extremely gun shy now, looking to check down and get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Which, I have a difficult time really blaming him, never seen anyone with his injury luck.

Colombi is just the better option. Bowman couldn't even get first downs for 3 quarters against Iowa State. Colombi comes in and immediately moves the ball down the field for a score. Not that Colombi is great, the offense just works better with him right now.