• The KillerFrogs

Frog Volleyball 2021

Pharm Frog

Frogs win Set 1 against La Tech at 20. Only reason I’m not there is the mask requirement. Content to watch on ESPN+.

TCU clearly has the better squad…this match shouldn’t be close.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Frogs win Set 2 at 19. This match should be over in about 20m.

Frogs win Set 3 at 13. Match 3-0. Frogs abused a smaller La Tech team with more slides than I’ve seen since the 1990’s. Expected result.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Frogs up on North Florida Ospreys 2 sets to none. Manyang on the outside proving to be a good look for the Frogs. Still issues with the first touches but overcome to win the second set at 23

Pharm Frog

Frogs beat N Florida 3-0 in what resembled a high school dink and dunk and tip match. N Florida clearly wasn’t ready to play back-to-back matches and looked like they had nothing in the tank. With the exception of a couple of small runs this was a clear mismatch.

Frogs should also win easily tomorrow night as HBU will have to be playing back-to-back and the Huskies look very unimpressive.

TCUdirtbag

Speaking of volleyball. Kansas State’s board is going to approve a new dedicated volleyball facility next week. 3,500 seats. They’re not even that good at volleyball.

TCU just isn’t funding a competitive program. Getting what we pay for.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Kansas State is good at volleyball. 12 NCAA post-season appearances in the last 20 years. They aren’t UT-elite but they are a good to a very good program. Often ranked in the Top 20 in the country. Haven’t looked this year but the Big 12 is expected to be down this year except for UT and Baylor. The Frogs can’t get worse than last year so TCU is on the way up.

Pharm Frog

TCU up big on HBU in Set 1. Don’t like to say that an opponent has no chance because there’s always a chance but this is as close to “no chance” as it gets. HBU just got done with a five set match against La Tech that started at 3pm. HBU shouldn’t score more than 17 in any set.

Pharm Frog

Welp….Frogs drop Set 2 25-22. I started watching KU v CCU so I didn’t see it but stats show the Frogs committed 12 errors in the set and hit .027. That won’t beat anybody.

Pharm Frog

Unfreakingbelievable…Frogs blow a 19-14 lead in the 3rd set and lose it 28-26. 7 attack errors and 4 service errors in the set. Gift wrapping this. Now the only hope for the Frogs is to force HBU to play 10 sets of volleyball since 3pm.

FWIW-Huskies have a 6’ 3” MB from Aledo. Met her mother earlier today at University Village Shopping Center.

Pharm Frog

Frogs wake up and win Set 4 at 16. On to the 5th.

Frogs down 11-7 in 5th. 5 attack errors and 1 service error.

Amazingly the Frogs manage to lose that match 15-13 in the 5th. 8 points by attack and service errors. When that stuff is happening your opponent doesn’t need to do much of anything. What a kick in the teeth to lose to a squad that got beat by North Florida 3-0 and had just been taken to 5 sets by La Tech. Not a great way to go into conference play.

Forgot the Frogs play Incarnate Word and SMU before getting to conference play.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Unfreakingbelievable…Frogs blow a 19-14 lead in the 3rd set and lose it 28-26. 7 attack errors and 4 service errors in the set. Gift wrapping this. Now the only hope for the Frogs is to force HBU to play 10 sets of volleyball since 3pm.

FWIW-Huskies have a 6’ 3” MB from Aledo. Met her mother earlier today at University Village Shopping Center.
It’s pretty believable at this point.

TCUdirtbag

The program has been headed the wrong direction. I hate that Kramer, a program alum, hasn’t worked out. By all reports she’s a great person and has worked hard. But this experiment has run its course. Treat her right on the way out.

Pharm Frog

The program has been headed the wrong direction. I hate that Kramer, a program alum, hasn’t worked out. By all reports she’s a great person and has worked hard. But this experiment has run its course. Treat her right on the way out.

Just a couple of seasons ago the Frogs were listed by prepvolleyball as having the 6th best recruiting class in the country. Not the Big12....the country. In 2018 the Frog recruiting class was ranked 21st in the country. In 2017....24th. The year prior to that in the Top 30 if memory serves. We must be doing so much less with more than virtually anybody or the recruiting ranking services are completely off (and I don't think they are based on how they've ranked other programs during the same time period).

As I mentioned earlier in this thread....I'm not surprised that the Frogs dropped a match in this classic. I just find it hard to believe that they did so in the manner in which they did after everything lined up for overwhelming advantage.

Pharm Frog

Frogs beat Incarnate Word in Set 1 at 12. I really hope nobody paid to go see this. This team just lost to UTRGV 3-0 which the Frogs demolished 3-0. I learned my lesson from the HBU debacle so nothing further on this other than if the Frogs drop a set tonight there should be a Heltoning at the Scholl.

Pharm Frog

Find a tarmac please and let’s make the change before the 4th set. Is Meacham Field open at this hour?

Frogs lose Set 3 at 23. UIW has made 15 service errors in three sets and manages to win a set. Heck…if they’d have just served in and let the Frogs beat themselves they may have been up 2-1.