• The KillerFrogs

Frog Volleyball 2021

Moose Stuff

I think this will qualify as a “measuring stick” season opener. Frogs will play preseason #’s 1,2,7,and 10 this season. #2 Wisconsin and #7 Minnesota to open the season. Anything better than an 0-2 start would be really good and very surprising. Heck…taking a set or two could be seen as a good sign. Big 12 may be a bit less potent this season than usual. Frogs are still undefeated!

Based on last year just being competitive will be significant progress.

Pharm Frog

Based on last year just being competitive will be significant progress.

After returning from the north (again)….the team will face Nicholls (predicted last in the SLC), UTRGV (coming off a 2-win season last year), and UMBC (a solid squad). If those first two matches at home are competitive, ain’t a good sign at all. I’d like to predict a 3-2 start to the season so I will but it isn’t a confident prediction.

Then comes La Tech (1-19 last season), a good but not great North Florida team, and a significantly better SLC team than Nicholls, Houston Baptist.

The non-conference road is significantly front loaded and then the Frogs should be favored until the Big12 season starts where the Frogs are picked 8th (of 9 because Okie Lite doesn’t play volleyball).

Pharm Frog

First set of the season is done. Frogs made it close at 1-2 after three points before falling 25-13. Had hoped to at least sniff 20 but maybe Set 2. Wisconsin may use the 2nd set to get some additional players into rotation. Hope so.

Pharm Frog

They posted starting rotation on Instagram and she wasn’t on there

They could be using a rotation that subs her to the front row for a matchup and to avoid getting caught with no offense on the court. That happened a lot last season where we were giving up 3-1’s in certain rotations. Happened a little bit two years ago too. Baylor in particular punished us in our weak rotation. Not enough horses. Gotta space em out.

Pharm Frog

Battle of 0-1 teams tonight in Madison, WI when the Frogs face the #7 Gophers. Minnesota lost to #10 Baylor last night 3-1. Hoping to win the match but that would be quite the upset should it happen.

Pharm Frog

Kansas State drops 3-1 at #5 Nebraska. Two of the sets won by the Huskers were very close. Probably a match that deserved to go 5 sets. KSU looked quite good at times.

Pharm Frog

Wisconsin beats Baylor in a schizophrenic four sets. None of the sets were close including a 25-7 Badger destruction of Baylor in Set 2. Frogs on the court now to face Gophers.

Pharm Frog

Frogs down 7-1 and take a time out. Noteworthy is that Minny has a player from Frisco and one from Southlake. If the Frogs don’t improve quickly I’ll probably just report the final tomorrow because this looks awful.

14-4 Gophers and Frogs take another timeout. Carnage. First touch is terrible.

Last edited: